69

* * *

* * *

Dear Bella,

I know it has only been a matter of mere days since we were last with each other but I miss you. I do not know when this will get to you or whether it will get to you at all but I can't not chance it. I hope this letter finds you well and I thank you once again for all that you have given me.

Oddly, I found comfort in you and your friends a lot quicker than I did those I was living with prior to my life in Azkaban. People claim you all are bad but what do they really see? I see a facade, I see mistakes on the outside but regret on the inside, coinciding with something that matters most of all- love. You all were only young when you found yourselves following the footsteps of Lord Voldemort and although you may (still) believe in his principles, I know deep down that you are all not heartless, cold-blooded people.

I think people build a perception of people without truly getting to know them. I know I have. I thought that you were evil. I thought the Weasley's were the kindest people in the world. Yet, you aren't completely evil and the Weasley's aren't completely kind. Nobody is completely one way or another. It's all about person-to-person experiences.

I'm digressing.

I have been made aware that the Brynn family have lately been recruited/ forced into the following of Voldemort and I know this was unwillingly. Please, for the love of Merlin, do not let them get into harms way. Please, help them get out. The son, Prosper, is my best friend and I really can't face to see him be put through all of that. If you really care for me the way you say you do, you would help me, right?

I'm begging you here, I am prepared to do anything. I will even join the following myself. I really don't want their life to end up in that. I'm sorry if this offends you.

I've had a DNA test, by the way, nobody knows the results besides myself. I want to have the time to get to grips with the information by myself without anyone intervening.

I wish you all the best,

Stay safe, Bella,

Your Baby Wolf.

Catina sealed the envelope hiding the letter and handed it to Hedwig, Harry's owl. She was at the Burrow for the fifth day in a row. With George still not being very favourable of her she didn't want to be a burden to him in the joke shop whilst he and Fred continued to prepare for its opening.

Mr and Mrs Brynn, aware that Prosper told Catina, advised her to return to the hospitality of the Weasley's (under Dumbledore's advice) in a way of protecting her. She vowed she didn't need protecting but for once, did what she was told. It seemed clear that moving form house to house was no longer a thing of the past.

Goodbyes were never much of a problem for her. Except this time, as she clutched onto Prosper with all of the strength she had, it ripped a piece of her apart. Prosper's tears fell onto her shoulder and she so wanted to stay. To give him the comfort he needed, the comfort he always gave to her, but she knew this was for the better. Hopefully.

Returning to the Burrow she was greeted by the arms of Remus. Lupin had kept his promise really, he was always there for her when she needed him. It wasn't his fault he no longer taught at Hogwarts. He was the one to make everyone leave her to her own devices when it came to reading the results of her DNA test, even Dumbledore didn't know. He simply cast a charm on her wrist, a purple whisp flowing through her body causing a deep violet glow. The whisp then left her fingertip and dove onto a page of parchment and after a few seconds it died out. The results were written on the page.

She opened up the page in Bill and Charlie's old bedroom. Well, not at first. At first, she spent twelve minutes lifting the parchment off of the bed and putting it back down again, time and time again. She paced the room, tugging on her hair, her finger tips grazed the scars on her skin before eventually, she pried open the page and her eyes scanned the written words.

A peculiar feeling overcame her, she didn't want to cry nor did she want to smile. Or rather, she couldn't do either. Nothing seemed to make her feel anything other than numb. Totally not the reaction she expected herself to have as she twiddled the parchment between her nimble fingers.

"Well, well, well, Cat. This wasn't what you were thinking, was it, eh?"

Each day she sat in the twins' bedroom and stared at the parchment.  Some of answers to her life were in front of her. She needed to tell someone. She didn't know who, however, when Charlie Weasley came home from Romania she felt some sort of way about him. Like, he would know what was best. Or perhaps it was because he knew her the least out of those in the house that day and would have the least amount of judgement.

When heading up to the twins' bedroom she bumped into him and politely asked if he would accompany her. He had nothing else to do so shrugged, thinking 'why not' and followed her. She passed him the parchment and sat fiddling with the hem of her dress.

"Oh, haven't you got a little predicament on your hands." He chuckled softly only to be shoved by the girl who couldn't help but grin.

"It's not funny! Tell me what to do!"

"I can't tell you what to do I barely know you!"

"That's exactly why you should." She sighed, snatching the paper back and stuffing it into her pocket.

Charlie sat back up properly and poked her leg to gain her attention. "I can't tell you what to do but I can offer some advice. It's like the saying I read somewhere, sometimes you must dangle your feet in the water to attract the sharks."

"Why would I want to attract sharks? Your saying lacks sense, darling."

"Don't 'darling' me, darling," he rolled his eyes whilst is tongue dripped with sarcasm, "what I mean is, sometimes you must do something risky in order to gain the outcome you want."

"I will bloody 'darling' you all I want, darling," Catina snapped with a smirk, "... I don't know the outcome I want."

"Do you want parents in your life?"

"I guess."

"Then go downstairs and tell him he is your dad."