26

* * *

* * *

The next morning, Fred woke up and found his brother's bed untouched. Furrowing his eyebrows, he asked Lee Jordan about the whereabouts of George but was met with a shrug of the shoulders. He left his dormitory in confusion and didn't find him in the common room either. He headed to the great hall and George was yet to be seen. Fred sat down on the Gryffindor table with a bowl of cereal and glanced over at the Slytherin table expecting to see Catina at Prosper's side but alas, Prosper was there but Catina wasn't.

Prosper looked like a sour grape and his other friends look puzzled as well. It was as if they didn't know where Catina was.

No George?

No Catina?

Fred feared the worst and dropped his spoon in the bowl which made eyes fall on him. He didn't care as he raced out of the hall. He wasn't sure where he was going but decided to run around the corridors nonetheless.

If George and Catina were both gone it seemed logical that they were with one another and Fred didn't like the sound of that one bit. Catina was either beating the crap out of George or kissing him thinking that he was Fred. Neither one he likes the idea of at all. It was in times like this that he wished that he still had possession of the Marauder's map so he could easily track the pair.

His head twisted side to side so quickly it was a wonder how he did not get whiplash from doing so as he ducked in and out of doors quickly. "Mr Weasley," a voice said from the desk at the front of the classroom he had dipped into. "You should know full damn well that late-night antics with Miss Lennox, one, is not allowed and two, not very good considering the condition she is in right now." Said Professor McGonagall.

Fred stopped. What was she talking about? "What?"

"Honestly, Mr Weasley it's a miracle that she only came out with what she did." She sighed and took off her glasses and placed them on the table.

Fred nodded his head, "right, sorry professor. Is she still..."

"In the hospital wing? Yes. I expect she'll be wanting to see you this morning."

Fred bowed his head once more and hurried off to the hospital wing where Catina rested with a cold compress on her face. George was asleep on the chair beside her, snoring loudly into his shoulder, drool dripping down his shirt. "Just to clarify, I don't sleep like that mong does." He whispered to Catina and pressed a kiss to her head. "What happened?"

"Me tired, me soup." She told him with a yawn tumbling from her lips, "soup on de face apparently."

Fred sniggered softly, "what are you like?"

Catina sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. "He knows. I think."

The pair remained silent, Fred sat down on the other chair and played with his girlfriend's hands as if they were the most entertaining thing he could get. It was awful how easily she had hooked him, never had he ever had thought he would become so attached to someone so quickly. Especially a Slytherin. He can't lie, he never looked twice at having a Slytherin for a girlfriend, yes, he found plenty of them attractive but to actually be in a relationship? Doesn't seem very possible but he as so glad it has.

"I don't care if he knows, kitten, as long as you're okay that is all that matters. I have a great idea for a prank if you want to hear it?"

Catina nodded, peering over at George who let out a loud rippling snore. "We know you're awake, doofus." She said, and for once she seemed more like her usual self, an eye roll following shortly after.

George whined and lifted his head, "So I was right. You are together." He sulked and turned around in his seat so that he was staring his twin straight in the eye. "How could you do that, Freddie? She' a snake! I'm disgusted that you would even wish for friendship in her let alone sharing your own spit with her."

The girl scoffed, taking the cold compress from her cheek and launching it his way. She was definitely feeling much better. "You're a git!" She spat at him. "Why are you even here? Why did you even bring me here last night?"

"I... I dunno but-"

"Exactly. You're just a twat. So what if Fred and I are together. Does it matter? I'm sure if you had a girlfriend Fred would not act in this, you're being childish!"

"Well, I wouldn't date a weird snake. You're such a freak!"

"George I swear on Great Aunt Tessie's life if you don't shut up I will hit you harder than I have ever hit a bludger," Fred warned standing up with his jaw clenched and fists tightened in balls. "Cat is my girlfriend whether you like it or not. I know we take pride in not growing up but right now you need to. It's pathetic, mate."

Now, usually in a situation like this, the girlfriend would back down for the sake of the relationship between the twins but no. Not Catina. She wasn't going to let George's prejudices and snotty remarks come between her and Fred. She already has lost enough people in her lifetime and she wasn't letting him go for the sake of George's stupidity.

It was a wonderment that Madam Pomfrey or any other healers hadn't heard the disruptive behaviour of the three and come to scold them. "Freddie, c'mon, her!"

"Listen here, buddy, shut your oversized mouth. I get that my house isn't desirable to a mighty lion like yourself but just how you take pride in your house, I take pride in mine. You might not like my friends, well I might not like yours, but I don't know that because I haven't judged them based on observation far away as you have to my friends. You are judging Slytherins on things that happened in the past. So what if many of Voldemort's posse were from my house, you know what, there were plenty Gryffindors in there too, as well as Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws too. You're seeing only what you want to see and the facts are being clouded by your bias. I'm not saying you have to like me, really, I couldn't care less.

All I'm saying is that you can't expect your twin to change the way he feels because you spit your dummy out of the pram. Just support his decisions as he would yours. I don't have to be anywhere near you, Fred and I can continue the way we have been and meeting only at certain times so that you and your friends can have him as much as usual. I don't want him all to myself because I'm not like that. I have my life he has his. Can we just be civilised and be it water under the bridge?"

The twins were flabbergasted by the speech that Catina had performed, in fact, Fred was in awe. George could think of a handful of snarky remarks to respond with but from the look on Fred's face as he stared at his girlfriend, he held his tongue. With an exasperated sigh, he nodded his head and begrudgingly shook the girls' extended hand then promptly wiped his hand on his trousers afterwards.

Fred smiled appreciatively towards George who stalked out of the hospital wing. He wrapped his arms around Catina gently and peppered her cheek with soft kisses. "You're so amazing, you know that?"

"I didn't but thank you. I don't want to come between you two but I'm not going to let him come between us either. There's something about you Fred Weasley that makes me want to keep you. It's rather disgusting really."

"Oh shush you!" Fred chuckled nudging her back into bed, "now, I want a detailed version of why your face looks like a baboons arse."