42

* * *

* * *

Returning to Hogwarts wasn't all bad. Catina got to see Prosper, Luisa and Caspian all who tried to stay silent about their Christmas Holidays but eventually spilt the tea on their few weeks off. Catina didn't mind, it was nice hearing about family life and it also used as distraction for what was on her mind. One guess. Fred.

It was unusually hard to kiss the memory of him goodbye. Normally she could erase someone's existence like a flick of a switch but with Fred everything seemed to remind her of him. She hated that. She hated how easily she had let him in and how much effect he has on her. It made her want to despise him but she actually liked him more and more with every thought.

When they arrived at Hogwarts, the welcome Catina got certainly was unexpected. Ginny ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. Catina stumbled back but held the girl tight;y. "Oh, I am so glad to see you. It was so strange without you."

Over Ginny's shoulder, Catina saw her friends gawping in confusion but they were not rude, they simply went to the side and waited for Catina to finish with Ginny. Hermione, Ron and Harry came up behind the girl and all hugged her too, Ron's was certainly the most awkward and he shone beetroot red when he pulled away.

"She is right, Cat, it is rather odd and Fred is in an awfully foul mood all hours of the day."

Catina looked down at her feet and kicked the gravel. Harry knew something was wrong right away and excused both himself and Catina away from the other three. "What's going on?" He asked her.

"Fred broke up with me." She told him. "I'm not surprised though, everyone leaves in the end. I'll just be counting down the days until you do, darling."

"Unlike anyone else, I most certainly won't. Not unless I die, okay? Us kids without parents must stick together and I am sure S-Padfoot will murder me if I ditched you. Besides, I think Ron, Hermione and Ginny have finally realised what kind of person you are, despite me preaching to them about it this whole time. We really did want you back and Ginny wouldn't let George live it down after you left."

Fred didn't tell her any of this.

"Really?"

"Definitely, Cat. You are more loved than you realise and each time you tried to run away, I hated it but I understood how much better it feels sometimes, to run away that is. Believe me, I tried a few times when I was younger to run away from my aunt, uncle and pig of a cousin, but I didn't tend to make it further than the local park. Pathetic, I know. Next time you want to run away, please come to one of us, Cat, we will make your mind change, okay? We hate to see you upset and as for Fred. He is stupid to let a girl like you slip. I'd give anything to have such a brave, courageous girl like you and he took that for granted, but you know the saying, you only realise what you have when it's gone. He'll come around soon, just wait."

Catina blinked and drew a breath, she was out of breath just hearing Harry's words. "Darling, I appreciate all of what you just said but we all know it won't happen. Fred and I are history, George and Mrs Weasley will be happy about that."

Harry didn't really know what to say so he rubbed her arm and gave her a smile. Nodding his head towards her friends who waited patiently he bade her a "I'll see you later"- not a goodbye because that means he was leaving her and he was most certainly not, wise choice of words Harry Potter.

Feeling a bit better about herself, Catina hurried over to Prosper who held his arms out for her and the group headed towards the Great-hall. "Since when were you all buddy-buddy with Potter and Co.?"

Catina sighed, "I got transferred to the Weasleys. They're alright, well, most of them anyway. I don't see people's problems with them, especially Harry, he's nice."

"Yeah, me neither, I don't care what anyone says, Diggory died last year and Harry was distraught, you-know-who is back and killed Diggory." Said Caspian, "I've always liked Potter, he's a fantastic seeker!"

"And that's on period," grinned Luisa, "I'm not trying to be rude though but if the Weasley's are poor why are they taking in another kid?"

"LULU!"

"I did say I wasn't trying to be rude!"

"Dumbledore's wishes, I dunno," Catina shrugged resting her head on Prosper's shoulder, "I don't know what is going on with this school but Umbridge makes me want to jump off the bridge."

"Hem-hem, Miss Lennox that is not the require length between you and Mr Brynn." A squeaky voice said from behind her, Catina cussed under her breath and turned to look at Umbridge. "detention!"

"Are you off your nut? How am I supposed to stay that far away from him at the table?"

"Detention tomorrow night too."

Catina rolled her eyes and ate her dinner in peace after the sorting. She then didn't even bother going to eh common room before going up to Umbridge's office worst detention in the history of Umbridge detentions and believe me when I say this, the outcome could never have been predicted.