15

* * *

* * *

Truth be told whatever went on between Catina and Fred continued. Neither one of them took much care to question what it exactly was but they took extra care when it came to showing it. On the surface Fred was simply just tolerating the girl when he wasn't with George in their bedroom and Catina stuck to Juno or one of the adults for the majority of the time. Once they were alone it was a new chapter, one filled with stolen kisses, flirting and small talk.

"I'm sure he'd like to stretch his legs somewhere other than in this house," said Sirius to Catina nodding towards Juno who nuzzled on her lap. "I know I would."

"So would I," replied Catina who leaned back in her chair, throwing her head back with a sigh. "Even if it's just to go to the park across the road."

"You know that's not allowed," said Remus who read the newspaper nonchalantly, "unfortunately for you both, Dumbledore has put you under house arrest. It's all for your—"

"Safety. We get it, darling, but it's stupid. I just want a little bit of freedom."

"Cat, you have plenty of freedom within the house."

Catina stared at Remus with dead eyes. Her hair was pulled out of her face and into a pony tail- more like bush- on the top of her head. "How exactly do I have freedom when I'm confined within these walls with about thirty people, two cats, an elf and a bunch of talking portraits! At least with school the castle has a lot of free space. Please, Remus, just an hour and you can even supervise me!"

"I can't."

Catina stuck out her bottom lip and widened her eyes which burrowed deep into the man before hers. Sirius chuckled at the girl and joined her, if anyone could leave the house he wanted to as well. This girl had a special place in Remus' heart and Sirius could see that. Whatever it was, he would milk the crap out of it if it meant her could also have some time away from the wretched building that he so wished he never had to return to.

Remus shook his head, "it's too risky," he said, tucking the newspaper onto the counter behind him.

"Moony, what's life without a little risk?"

"No. Don't you dare!" Remus pointed his finger at his best friend. "I don't care how many times you use that daft sentence I'm not going to agree. I will resist it."

"You could never resist it in school, Moons," smirked the man. "C'mon, take a risk like the good old days before you turned into a grump! We've managed to dwindle our way around Dumbles plenty of times, and Minnie, why not now when we're fully grown adults!"

Remus leaved forward and flicked Sirius' forehead, "because, Padfoot, who we would be deceiving is much scarier than Dumbledore and McGonagall!"

"Shit, you're right! Molly is a difficult challenge. But we have faced worse so come on! One hour and I'll stay in dog-form. I solemnly swear." He placed his hand over his heart.

Remus sighed, "fine. One hour and no negotiating on that. I will be with you both and I swear. If we get caught I blaming you, Padfoot."

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Sirius grinned, high-fiving Catina before morphing into his dog form. The girl pulled on her jacket and followed Sirius towards the front door, opening it and following the dog out, Remus trailing behind shaking his head questioning why he lets himself be swayed so easily.

Everyone else was out in Diagon Alley collecting school supplies, Mrs Weasley shopping on behalf of Catina, so Sirius had no idea why Remus was fretting. Or so they thought. It seemed as though their shopping trip was short lived. Mrs Weasley was leading the group back up to the house when Ron obnoxiously exclaimed: "oi! Should they be out here?" 

Mrs Weasley, along with everyone else turned to look over in the direction that Ron was pointing at, their heads all turning in time with one another it was like a scene from a comedy sketch.

From across the road, Fred caught wind of her laugh and then her. She had a bright smile and her skin was glowing as the large black dog chased her around, Remus leaning against a tree watching in amusement. Biting his lower lip and scratching the back of his neck, he admired how happy this girl finally looked, free and wild.

However, her happiness was cut short when his mother went storming over to the park and shrieking at the dog and the man before instructing then both and Catina back to the house, a fire building in her eyes.

Catina fell into line with everyone else as they trickle into the house and just as she was about to step over the threshold a hand grasped her wrist. She turned to see Fred who winked at her. Meet me later. It meant. A simple code that had been formed over their small time to get her in each other's company. She dipped her head, tucking her hair behind her ear and slipped her wrist from his grasp and followed Sirius, Remus and Mrs Weasley into the dining room where she was beckoned towards and shut in, a small spontaneous meeting commencing.

Consisting of the familiar "it's for your safety" speech and bickering from Sirius and Remus, it didn't last too long and Catina could finally leave the dining room once again.

Climbing the stairs she past one of the twins who had gone to talk to Ginny in the girls' room. Continuing her climb higher up into the house, she felt a tug on her arm and she was dragged into a bedroom.

Gasping, her heart thumped against her chest from the sudden tug. Her eyes softened when she saw him and she wasted no time in pressing her lips to Fred's, putting her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

Not quite expecting her to kiss him straight off of the ball, Fred stumbled back a little, but nonetheless returned the kiss only moments later. Once she pulled away she kept hold of Free but shook her head. "Fred, is there anyway you can convince your mother to at least let me out without yelling at me? I can't stand being stuck in here, that's why we left when we had the chance."

Fred nodded. Catina smiled gratefully and kissed him quickly on the lips once more. "I should go, darling, before anyone suspects anything."

Fred let her go and slumped onto George's bed just as the cauldron started to bubble over. He tended to the potion, his fingers gliding gently over his lips, as he stirred the liquid with the other hand, just as the door flung open.

"Seen the ghost of Sirius' mum, Georgie? You're as pale as Malfoy's hair!"