23

* * *

* * *

It was the day of the full moon and Fred was growing more and more anxious in class as he stared out of the window and off into the distance. The thought of Catina being a werewolf still haunted him and to fathom it seriously seemed impossible. Whilst working on a prank with George, Fred was able to push the thoughts to the back of his head and actually forgot all about it.

George had silent about the kiss back in Grimmauld Place with Catina, but he had not forgotten it. To say it was unpleasant was a lie but that didn't change the fact he hated her and didn't like what happened. It was a good kiss. End of. But she called him 'Fred'. She wouldn't have done that unless something happened between her and his brother, surely?

"Hey, Freddie?" He said whilst taping a dungbomb to the bottom of Filch's office door. His brother hummed as he titivated around the office planting different dungbombs everywhere and anywhere along with vomit-shooters, a device they had made during the summer. "You'd tell me if you have a girlfriend wouldn't you?"

"Probably." Said Fred playing it cool when inside he was panicking.

"So you and the snake? Nothing going on between you?"

"Of course not, Georgie, I talk to her and stuff but nothing more." He shrugged, "she's not that bad, you know."

"Unlikely."

"Why are you asking anyway?" Fred already predicted George's answer, he wasn't stupid. Far from it and can read his twin like a book.

George shook his head, "nothing, just wondering. I don't like her and don't think you should be friends with her. Something's odd about her." The boy chewed his lip. "C'mon, Freddie, lets go."

Fred furrowed his eyebrows, it wasn't the answer he was expecting at all. Nonetheless, he followed George out of the office and the pair bundled back to the Gryffindor common room quietly, sneaking away from Filch who was doing his nightly rounds. It wasn't strange between them, nothing ever was, in fact, they brushed it all off and continued as normal.

"And where have you two been? Without me! I do believe it is highly and utterly unfa-"

"Shut up Jordan!"

* * *

In the middle of the Shrieking Shack, Catina laid on the floor with Remus sat opposite her watching her in pity. He knew that the night she had ahead of her was far from pretty and to be frank, he wasn't quite sure whether she would be able to cope. The girl was strong, of course she was, but was she strong enough?

All day she was sleeping and the signs of being a werewolf was looking far more likely. However, they were still not one hundred percent sure if it was difinitive so Hagrid, Madam Pomfrey and Professor Snape were waiting near to the whomping willow just in case they needed to get the young girl out of there.