12

* * *

* * *

"She needs to have permanent observation."

"But Albus she's of age."

"Yes but she is vulnerable."

"How so?"

"You know as much as I can tell you."

The teenagers, all accept Catina, were huddled at the top of the stairs listening in to the latest Order meeting their topic being different to their usual. Tonight it wasn't on Harry, rather it was Catina which definitely intrigued the group far more than what they could ever say about the boy who lived.

"Why is she vulnerable? What snake is ever vulnerable? They're the ones causing the issues!" Exclaimed George in a hushed voice. Fred elbowed him, "ow!"

"Sorry, it was an accident!" Fred lies through his teeth. He had seen how the young girl was up in the attic, it was totally different to who she normally was and that was something that he could not get out of his head. Dumbledore was right. Whatever the reason was. She needed to be kept an eye on.

"But Albus, Catina Lennox is capable of looking after herself she has shown that her whole life."

"And she shouldn't have had to, Severus, she's a child."

"She is of age!" Snape cut off Dumbledore.

The sound of a loud bang echoed through the extendable ear — a product made by the twins for the purpose it portrays explicitly. Fred gripped the bannister tightly as the conversation continued.

"How dare you! Cat may be seventeen but she is not ready for the world around her. Not yet anyway. She has had a troubled life and we cannot allow that to get any worse by letting things, potentially horrible things, find it's way into her course of life. You know full damn well what it's like, Snape so don't you dare let that happen to her. She is one of your students. More so in your house!" Remus' voice boomed, a tone no teenager had heard come from their former professor. It was rather flabbergasting.

Like their mouths were held open by weights, the teenagers looked between one another in shock unable to process what had been said. The girl who was still in the drawing room left them even more baffled than before.

The group dispersed as the meeting disbanded. George hurriedly tugging up the ear and stuffing it into his pocket, breaking off into a sprint to his and Fred's room where he hid the ears. Hermione, Harry and Ron snuck off for a quiet chat leaving Ginny to entertain herself with a quidditch magazine and Fred to slip downstairs and into the drawing where Catina sat leaned against the wall.

"Don't you look like a ray of sunshine, Kitten."

The girl spared him a glance, "Come to spike my drink again, darling?" She responded dryly her headache only now fading from the hangover.