50

* * *

* * *

Catina was patched up by Narcissa Malfoy who offered her some fresh clothes to wear. It was a simple black dress, no particular design or pattern and it hung off her from the weight she had lost, but still came up short on her since she was five foot ten. However, she was really appreciative for all of the care she was given right off the bat.

Narcissa held her hand and didn't let go until she was sat down beside her at the long table full of death eaters and even Professor Snape. Catina started at her former head of house with solemn eyes and her eyebrows were curved in an under arch. Snape looked down immediately and the room remained silent.

Catina's legs began to bounce beneath the table and Narcissa noticed so squeezed her hand once more and Bellatrix did so on the other side of her too. From the opposite side of Narcissa, her husband stood up and slowly walked to behind Catina, placing a firm hand on her shoulder. She looked up at the blonde haired man, unsure of what to expect.

"Welcome to my home, Miss Lennox, I trust my wife has made you feel welcome. You are to stay as long as you wish and I hope that we can provide you with everything you need and want in order to feel comfortable. Our son, Draco, is in his room at the moment, our house elf Winky is fetching him now, if you need anything during your stay and do not feel comfortable asking myself or my wife, please, I hope you find it easier to ask Draco. He's a good boy and I'm sure he will make you feel welcome, I believe he has always wanted a sibling so having a young lady similar to his age would delight him. If he tries anything, do tell us and we will stop him. We don't want you uncomfortable, especially after all you have been through."

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy," Catina smiled softly, this certainly didn't seem like the man Harry and Ron had described.

"Please, it's Lucius."

She nodded her head as Mr Malfoy returned to his seat, the doors opened and Draco Malfoy sauntered in and took his seat beside his father just as food appeared on the table. Everyone began to tuck in but Catina sat staring at an empty plate.

"Go on, child, eat." Bellatrix encouraged as she piled roasted meat, vegetables and potatoes on her plate.

"As much or as little as you like, sweetheart," added Narcissa.

Catina placed some bits of everything on her plate and began to devour it all. She would never, ever take food for granted again. There were times during her childhood where she had gone hungry because of the orphanages or bad foster carers but never in the way she had done during her time in Azkaban. The way it tasted, the mixture of textures which changed the way she swallowed.

The taste of the apple juice she drank felt like heaven in her mouth, the tang of sour mixed with the sweetness as it ran down her throat warmed her. Made her feel human again... but I'm not human...

The adults in the room were all in separate, deep discussions but only Catina and Draco remained silent. The boy kept glancing over at Catina who looked like death warmed up but that was understandable given the circumstances. He'd never taken much notice of her before, he knew Caspian, her friend, because he tried out for the quidditch team but didn't get in because he wasn't as bulky as the team was looking for. Such as shame really, Draco did believe he was an exceptional player nonetheless. 

Once dinner was over, Lucius suggested Draco take Catina on a gentle tour of the manor. ("Take it slow Draco, she must be sore and very tired, I suggest ending it near her bedroom so that she can go to sleep if she would like. If she doesn't want to then that is perfectly fine.").

Catina followed alongside Draco out of the hall and along the long, rather sophisticated black and white corridors with green decor. "Are you okay?" Asked Draco, stopping so that Catina could have a break. He didn't want to make her over do it.

"I guess, it's not everyday I escape from Azkaban on a full moon, during a transformation, darling," she tried to chuckle but it came out as more of a cough.

Draco snickered, he appreciated her trying to make light of her own unfortunate situation. "That's true. I don't agree with what happened to you, just so you know, I might be part of the inquisitorial squad made by Umbridge but I don't believe in everything she does. She's rather ludicrous actually. I just-"

"Go along with it because that is what your father wishes? I understand, well, technically I don't because I don't have any parents, but I assume it's easier to go with it rather than oppose. At the end of the day, to keep things okay for you, sometimes you have to go along with things you don't agree with." Said Catina, leaning against the wall for slight support, her legs still hurt a lot from the night before and standing on the spot wasn't helping.

Draco noticed this and offered her his arm. Appreciatively, she took it and the pair continued to walk. "You're the first person to understand. Well actually you're the first person to know. I don't know why I told you, I just did, please say nothing about this to anyone...uh what do I call you? I usually refer to everyone by the surname but I fear that's not right for you, I don't want to call you Lennox."

"Most people call me Cat. Well actually, everyone does, so you can call me that." She shrugged but instantly regretted it as a pain shot through her shoulders. She clutched her right shoulder and squeezed her eyes tightly shut, not that that suppressed the pain but for some reason that was her initial reaction.

"I'll take you to your room, get a good nights sleep and I'll show you around tomorrow. You're knackered and I don't want you collapsing on me, I'm not a bloody healer nor am I prepared to carry you since these are my Sunday's best." He pointed stars his trousers and smart dress shirt and tie. "If I was in something else then I may reconsider but I'd rather not crease these."

"Fine by me, I'm cream crackered."

"Let's get you to bed then, we'll talk more in the morning... Cat."

"Thank you, Draco. I really mean it."

"Anytime."