47

* * *

* * *

Catina could hear Bellatrix talking with other inmates. She wasn't really focussing on what was being said since her head was pounding. She certainly was not cut out for prison life. Especially not this kind of prison with dementors hovering by every once in a while. She leaned against the wall supporting herself otherwise she would have just flopped and probably would not be able to bring herself to pull herself up.

She did, however, hear the word "escape" which plucked her interest but she couldn't focus enough to hear the gist of it all. Bellatrix had definitely been her rock during her imprisonment so far. Surprisingly, she actually seemed rather nice and was checking on Catina and making sure she ate the bare minimal the guards left for her. When the dementors passed by she would whisper sweet words to keep Catina grounded and so that she didn't succumb to the dementors' wrath by giving up.

Bellatrix often pondered over the idea of discussing her guesses over Catina's parents. She didn't doubt her impressions and had every faith that she was the daughter of Sirius Black and Elladeen Greyback. She could see the girl was suffering immensely and maybe this would give her closure? She sighed, she really wasn't sure what to do.

She stopped her conversation with Dolohov and crawled to the bars closest to Catina's cell. "Child, child come here." She hissed.

Catina lifted her head up and her eyes were so wide and her eyebrows turned up. She looked so small. Bellatrix waved her chained up wrists and signalled for her to come to her. She pushed her body to the edge of the cell.

"My dear, how much do you want to know about your family?"

"So much, Bella, I'd give anything." She croaked.

Bellatrix nodded, "let me see your eyes, Cat, dear." She looked up and stared at Bellatrix. They were definitely the eyes of Black. "I do not know for sure, but I believe I know who could possibly be your parents."

"Who?"

"Remember, I do not know for definite-"

Bellatrix was cut off by the pounding of boots on the stone floor. The guards stopped outside of Catina's cell. They undid they locks and took the magic off of it. One guard hurried in and unclamped the long chain but kept the shackles around her wrists.

"Where are you taking her?" Demanded Bellatrix, clutching the bars of her cell. "Answer me you fool!"

"She's being taken to the dungeons for the next two nights, Lestrange, unless you want her furry self by you."

The guards went to drag Catina away but they were stopped by Fudge who glanced disgusted at Bellatrix. "Leave the beast where it is. Maybe then Lestrange will learn to stay quiet."

"She is no beast!"

The guards shoved Catina back in and chained her back up. They resealed her cell and hurried off as the moon was rising. Bellatrix forgot all about her lycanthropy until the guards mentioned it. She observed as Catina backed into the corner.

This would be the first transformation without wolfsbane, Remus and Sirius. She was petrified to say the least. She could see the moonlight pouring through a minuscule crack in her cell and her veins began to roar with fire as her pores opened up and fur sprouted through them. Her teeth grew into fangs and her nose elongated. Then her bones began to dislocate and relocate. She whined loudly and tears streamed from her eyes as her transformation came to a finish.

Bellatrix  could only stare in horror as she watched the young girl go through some unbearable pain. She never understood quite how painful it was until she saw Catina go through it all. Her heart actually broke for her.

The she-wolf let out an ear-piercing howl and without the wolfsbane, she was much more of a wild beast than usual. She kicked up a storm at her front paws being restrained. With a loud howl she tugged her paws back repeatedly until the chain ripped from the wall. The she-wolf then tore the shackles off of her paws and flung it at the wall. She pounced at the cell bars and her anger grew.

This gave Bellatrix a mad idea.

She called to the she-wolf. In the cell beside her Dolohov was growing fearful. "What in Merlin's name are you doing Bella?" He cried watching the she-wolf smack into the cell bars in an attempt to break it.

"Getting us out!"

She cackled as she could hear Greyback kicking up a similar storm on a below level. He had the same idea with himself, to break free on a full moon.

"Come on, Cat, grow angry. Break our cells!"

"How is that going to help us?" Dolohov questioned.

"Unless the magic is taken off of the cells by a guard, if it is broken, all the magic will fail on each cell. We'll be free."

"Our chains?"

"That's simple." She spat out a small splinter of wood that she stored between her teeth and inside of her cheek. "Engorgio." She said and the splinter grew into a normal-sized wand. "Alohamora." The shackles released and now Bellatrix waited.

She didn't have to wait long as the she-wolf smashed open the cell door and the force, crashed into Bellatrix's cell before running off down the corridor as all cell door's flung open. Bellatrix climbed out of her broken cell, released everyone's shackles and blasted a hole in the wall of the prison. The death-eaters that we're imprisoned, even on the level below where Greyback has escaped. All crowded in the corridor as they heard guards storming up the stairs.

Bellatrix was just about to apparate them all out of there when both Greyback and Catina came hurtling towards them, joining the crowd with two loud howls, followed by a loud CRACK!

They had all escaped Azkaban.

And it certainly wasn't unnoticed.