08

* * *

* * *

It seemed to Catina that Fred's way of making her work to find out more about him was to avoid her completely. Other than At meal times there was rarely a time where they would have been seen in the same room as each other. Catina didn't mind really, in fact, her saying that she would find out could be said to have been an empty ultimatum after all, she didn't have any interest in the boy at all. All she needed to know is that he was Fred not George.  Or rather, that's what she wanted to only need to know.

Most of her time at Grimmauld Place was spent with Remus Lupin in the dining room because he and she got to know each other rather well when he taught at Hogwarts. Probably because of the amount of detentions she had that he had to supervise on behalf of other teachers. He grew intrigued by the girl, she led her life in a rather peculiar way. She had friends, good friends in fact and on the outside she looked like a normal teenager, there was no doubt about that. Despite her past, which he was fully aware of; a horrible, dreadful childhood that no child should have to deal with, as far as he was concerned everything about her was perfectly usual for a teenager. However, there was something underlying the surface that nobody, not even her friends knew, maybe Dumbledore didn't even know. He didn't know what it could be and he didn't even know how to start a question entailing it. It was all rather strange.

Juno was prowling around the house and entered the kitchen slyly, rubbing his side along the wall and around the legs of chairs that lined the table. "Hey, darling," cooed Catina who leaned down and picked up Juno placing him on the table where he curled up and nuzzled his head into the palm of her hand, purring softly. With a small smile spread across her face, Catina ran her fingers through Juno's deep black fur and scratched behind his ears lightly.

"I'm sorry for yesterday, I um, it's a habit," the girl muttered towards Remus.

Remus nodded his head, "I understand, Cat, with everything that you have been through it's natural to run from everything."

"I know," Catina sighed, Juno watching her with the corner of his eyes. He could sense something was wrong with the girl and was wearily waiting for any attack that he might have to initiate. After all, no one hurts Catina without going through him first.

Remus leaned over and placed his hand over hers, "do you want to talk about it? Talking usually helps."

Catina shook her head, "no, no, there's no need. It's the past, like I said. No changing that, is there?"

"No, I suppose not. You are aware that I am here if you do want to talk, Cat. I'm not going anywhere."

"You said that last time," Catina Stated rather harshly, "then the next thing I hear is that you've left because of some stupid kids in my house. You're an adult you should be able to handle some idiotic children."

"Cat, it's not the rumours or the kids. No parent would want me to teach their children." Remus retorted rather dumbfounded, he knew he broke his promise to the young girl. He didn't want to but he had to, there was no other way.