07

* * *

* * *

"Fred Weasley, what have you done!?" Was the first thing Fred heard, well rather he was deafened by as soon as Remus led him into the house, Sirius behind him. Mrs Weasley took one look at the unconscious girl in her son's arms and assumed he was to blame. With her hands pressed firmly on her hips, his mother raised her eyebrows expectantly at him to which he rolled his eyes to and pushed passed her, careful not to hit Catina on any object around him. Inside the drawing room, he laid Catina down gently in one of the sofa's but kept his hand underneath her head to remain the pressure he held on it to try and suppress the blood flow.

Sirius, who followed the redhead into the room, transformed back into his human form and adjusted his jacket. "Actually Molly, it was rather my fault."

Molly exhaled in annoyance, "if it isn't my twins it's you! Honestly! Can we not have a day without any drama? So what did you do? Because it had to have been something bad for you to follow her out of the house, which you are not allowed to do so And was highly dangerous, but also for the poor girl to wind up unconscious...and is that blood?!"

Remus tugged at his greying blonde hair, letting Mrs Weasley hurry out of the room to get some medical supplies to sort Catina out. "She's right you know, Pads, you shouldn't have left the house."

"Look, Moony, now is not really the time for you to scold me when we have bigger matters to discuss. Besides, what are you going to do about it? Give me a detention Mr Prefect?" He smirked jestingly to his best friend.

"Maybe it will make up for this up for the amount of times that I neglected my prefect duties and didn't give you a detention. Call it a comeuppance." Remus retorted.

"Not the time!" Exclaimed Fred, who continued to panic about the unconscious girl.

His mother returned quickly and he removed his hand gently and wiped his hand in his trousers not caring about the stain it would cause. He watched as Mrs Weasley washed the cut and then took her wand out. "Episkey." She muttered. A small red blue light shot out of the top of her wand and began to weave a stream of light stitches, closing up the cut and clearing the dry blood. She gently rested Catina's head on a cushion and covered her with a blanket before turning to the three trouble makers in the room with her. "Now spill."

"Merlin's beard, Sirius! What did Dumbledore say! He sa-"

"Tread carefully, I know. I made a stupid mistake and I understand the consequences to it. I'll apologise to her when she wakes and I'll try to settle the problem."

Fred looked between his mother and Catina, he was beyond puzzled now. He needed answers and he knew full well that he wouldn't get them from his mother or any other adult, not even if he was to bribe them.

The adults vacated the room but Fred stayed put. He sat on the floor in front of Catina and rested his back against the armchair opposite her. Fred watched as her chest rose and fell, how her lips remained slightly parted and how she crossed her arms over her body enclosing herself, tugging her legs up closer to her chest too.  The last time he had seen someone sleep like that was when he turned Ron's pillow into a spider years ago and he was terrified to sleep for a while after because of it.

Catina's nose scrunched up and she let out a small snort-like sound as she shuffled over. Fred sniggered quietly at this which seemed to have woke her. Catina groaned as her eyes opened and she rubbed them which created small dots to scatter her vision for a few moments.

"Rise and shine sleepy head." Fred cooed playfully.

Catina glanced over at him and rolled her eyes. Letting out some incoherent mumbles as she stretched she sat herself up. Her head surprisingly didn't hurt which puzzled her but nonetheless she shrugged it off.

"Why are you being creepy and watching me? Haven't you got any pranks or whatever it is you do, to well, do?" Catina quizzed Fred.

"What when I can creep you out? Why would I do anything else?" Fred chuckled, "nah, I actually was waiting to see if you're alright."

"Well I am, so you can toddle back to your rude twin now."

"Funny, Kitten. But no. I want answers first. Why did you bolt?"

Catina glanced to the door hoping someone would come in and interrupt. She was far from prepared to spill her guts on her life story to the boy, especially not a Weasley twin! "That's none of your business, darling."

Fred raised his eyebrows at her comment, "Well then, Kitten, then I won't leave you alone not after I so lovingly helped you more than once today. Maybe I should she let you drown in your own snot, which was gross by the way, or I should have left you on the pavement instead of getting you back here?"

"You wouldn't have done that."

"And what makes you say that?"

"Because I know people like you. You wouldn't leave a poor, defenceless girl to suffer on her own because if you help them you basically have a free ticket into their knickers. Well, not me, darling."

Fred barked with laughter, "you could be a stand up comedian, you could! Because that was the funniest thing I have heard all day. You, think you know me? I don't want to be in your knickers, I was just being helpful!"

"But why? When do you, a Weasley twin, ever help people? You bring havoc! Not sort it out."

Fred leaned forward, his face only inches away from Catina's. "You talk like you know me."

"I've seen you around school. You might not have seen me, but I have seen you alright." She shrugged, aware of how dangerously close he was to her face.

Fred inched even closer, "that's not enough to know me. You'll have to work for that, Kitten."

"Oh I will, darling."