37

* * *

* * *

"Can I come with you, Bill?"

Bill who was pulling on a coat turned to his younger brother, "it's probably best you stay here, Freddie."

"Please."

"Fine, but you do anything stupid I will whack you. This is about finding Cat, not a stupid jolly."

"Don't you think I know that?"

Bill, Remus, Arthur, Tonks and Fred left the house shortly after and the rest of the house remained there in case she came back. It was silent, other than Mrs Weasley making drinks for everyone to keep herself busy.

The adolescents sat around the table rather quiet. None of them elders particularly close to the girl, Harry was the closest of them all but even then they were as close as one goal post on a quidditch field and another the other side. Ron slurped his drink loudly which irritated Hermione who nudged his chest.

"I'm just glad Fred noticed when he did otherwise she'd be even further away." Said Ginny.

"Why was he even wanting her in the first place?" Questioned Ron, "it was the middle of the night."

Under his breath George said sardonically, "probably wanted to sleep with her." However, it didn't go unheard.

"What did you just say?" Demanded McGonagall with a sharp tongue and her back straightened.

"I-uh-"

"Fred and Cat? Sleeping together?" Questioned Hermione, "I would never have thought!"

Mrs Weasley was flabbergasted much like the rest of the household who were there. She stayed silent, her lips pursed. There was no way Catina could stay there if she was sleeping with her son. And as much as she yearned for a grandchild she did not want a son of hers becoming a teenage father. Her heart sunk because she was just coming to like Catina but now her view of her had altered so much.

The search went on and on for hours, they were using the trace and many, many aurors were on the prowl for Catina but it felt as if they were having no luck.

Tonks and Remus were off in a pair together and Fred stayed with Bill. Bill turned to his brother at one point and asked him something that had been in his mind for hours. "What did you want with her anyway? When you went to get her?"

"Just to talk," Fred muttered as he looked into a bush. "Cat!"

"There's more, isn't there?"

"Bill stop questioning my intentions and focus on finding her will you, yeah?"

The two Weasley's halted the subject and continued calling for Catina. Fred was not going to rest until she was safely back at the house or in his arms at least. He couldn't believe he had let this happen. He wondered what time she left, could she have gotten very far? What if they never find her? What if she gets hurt?