74

* * *

* * *

Fred took Catina away from the Burrow that evening. She was knackered and yearned to be back in bed which he was well aware about but he really wanted some proper alone time. He and George were run to the ground with the level of work they had to do for the shop and as much as he was ecstatic that his dream was coming true he felt guilty for not being around as much for his girlfriend. He took her for granted the first time and was not prepared to do that again.

Holding tightly onto his hand, Catina tugged her jacket around her further to shield herself from the bitter air. Fred had never been so quiet which surprisingly did not unnerve her but remained idiosyncratic nevertheless. His hands were clammy which, quite frankly, didn't feel very pleasant in her cold nimble hands but she felt too awkward to pull hers away. That and the fact that she feared that if she pulled away her legs my buckle beneath her from the shear amount of fatigue that engulfed her frame.

The night was bitter, as previously stated, with a harsh wind nipping at anything if touched, blowing hairs here, there and everywhere. Their faces were blocks of ice, smooth to the touch, but mighty cold! Not to mention both of them sported dry, chapped, cracked lips that they each tried to moisten- it didn't seem to make a difference as the low temperatures continued to drop. No clouds rolled through the sky, instead, stars littered the dark, black blanket above them, remaining dim, outshone by the streetlights that towered above them every few yards.

"Where are we going?" Catina yawned, her breath pooling out before her mouth. She glanced at Fred who didn't look at her. His eyes stayed ahead of them both, his jaw clenched with determination.

He didn't respond.

"Fred?"

A car beeped the pair as it passed by, it's headlights momentarily shielding the world from their eyes. Catina squinted and blinked to get her sight back, sighing and stopping in her tracks. Fred continued going his clammy hand slipping from her grasp.

She huffed and wrapped herself up in her own embrace. Fred soon noticed and turned back like a deer in headlights, "it appears I was in my own world," he chuckled softly and marched back to her, his hands immediately tucking into his pockets to try and heat them.

"Where are we going?" She asked again, another yawn following her words.

"I thought we would go on a walk."

"With all due respect, Freddie, it was a sweet idea but I would rather be sleeping right now than walking." Catina rubbed her face with the cuffs of her sleeves, slightly swaying as she stood there.

He rubbed the back of his neck and rolled his eyes. "I know that, dopey, but I just wanted to spend some time together. We haven't really spoken in the past few days and I thought that getting away from everyone would be best. I wanted to take you to Hyde Park. It's nothing special but it's a big clear space where we can watch the stars and talk."