06

* * *

* * *

Sirius took hold of Catina's hand and led her to the nearest staircase. He perched himself on a step and patted the spot beside him which the girl took diligently, her hands folding in her lap where they remained whilst Sirius spoke.

"There are many reasons why people don't like Slytherin's, sweetheart, because many do not give others a choice because of their actions. If I'm honest, I don't like them. Mainly because of my delightful family. When you mentioned that you are a Slytherin, my stomach dropped and I can't help that. From the moment I saw you have given me these feels that tell me that you are a lovely person but my feelings towards Slytherins are too strong. My family are awful! They are wretched excuses of human beings and my ideologies about Slytherins have been derived from them and I'm sorry. I don't hate you, I just hate your house and I don't think that will change. Too many alumni Slytherin's have created chaos, havoc and brought destruction to life which stems people's hatred. I understand that you are not like that and that there may be others like you. Does this answer your question?"

Catina huffed. Her head slumped down and her thumbs began to battle each other. Sirius frowned, he didn't want to upset the girl but he didn't want to lie to her either; if the truth was hurtful then that could not be helped. He watched as she sucked her cheek in and let it go. "Right, well, I guess I should get my belongings then." She stated, rising to her feet and hurrying off down the corridors.

"Cat, wait!" Sirius calles out after her, chasing behind her, knocking items onto the floor but he didn't care. He didn't know too much about the girl but he knew she had nowhere else to go and he would not be able to forgive himself if something was to happen to her.

"Padfoot, what's going on?" Quizzed Remus who emerged from the landing above Sirius.

"I think I've just scared off Cat." Sirius informed his best friend who sighed and followed behind the curly-haired man quickly.

"What did you do?"

Sirius ran a hand through his curls, tugging at the roots in exasperation. "She asked a question. I gave her an answer, albeit a quite harsh and truthful one and now she's going to leave."

Connecting with the crown of Sirius' head, Remus slapped him (quite hard) in annoyance. "You idiot!" He cried, "Do you know how many times she has run away or tried to run away?! For crying out loud, Pads, you just had to push her, didn't you? Did you even listen to Dumbledore's briefing? You have to tread carefully with Cat!"

One of the twins stopped the men, his arms folded across his chest and his eyebrows raised. "Why?" He questioned Remus, his eyes boring into him.

"Now is not the time, George, move!" Cried Sirius attempting to manoeuvre around the redheaded boy by the twin stepped in front of him once more.

"I'm Fred, Merlin's beard, Sirius, I get 12 years in Azkaban is awful but clearly you haven't forgotten how to tell twins apart. Now spill. Why do you and probably the rest of us, have to "tread carefully" around the girl?"