22

Alexandra's pov

I'm standing downtown with a bunch of people.  Today is Founders Day.  Another big event in Mystic Falls.  And right now everyone is dressed up in their olden day costumes and getting floats ready for a parade.  It's stupid.

"Smile guys" Bonnie said to Caroline and Matt who are posing for a picture. 

"Okay, I want one with bonnie now" Caroline said.

"I'll take it" I said.

"Cute costume, Alex" Matt said to me and I give him a look.  No, I didn't dress up.  I don't even understand all of these Mystic Falls traditions.

"Ha ha, Matt" I said and he grinned.  I take the picture of bonnie and Caroline and then just smile a little. 

A few days ago Bonnie deactivated the device for the invention.  Elena then met up with Isobel and gave it to her and now apparently she's out of town.  At least we hope she is. Everything went pretty smoothly.  I'm just glad it didn't end in destruction.

"Really no costume?" Matt said to me.

"Where would I even get one from?" I said.

"Any store in Mystic Falls.  This is like a big event" He said.

"Are you that excited about it?" I said laughing a little.

"No...but might as well pretend to be, right?" He said smiling.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much" I said.

"Don't worry about it...you're busy.  Elle left and, you know, you're in this new relationship with Damon Salvatore" He said.

"He's a good guy" I said.

"He's Damon..." He said and I just sigh a little.

"Why don't you come over this week? We'll do dinner" I said and he nodded and smiled.

"Hey, guys" We heard and looked over to see Tyler walking over to us.

"Time for me to go" Matt said and walked away from us.

"I apologized" Tyler said.

"You made out with his mom and then beat him to a pulp" Caroline said.

"What?!" I said.

"You didn't hear?" Caroline said.

"No...you made out with my aunt?!" I said.

"It was a mistake, okay?" Tyler said to me.

"Gross" I said.

"I'm never going to live this down" He said.

"No..." I said and then started to walk away but bonnie ran up to me.

"Hey" She said.

"Hey" I said.

"I need to talk to you" She said.