3

Alexandra's pov

I'm sitting by a bonfire right now with Matt and Elle. We're all just talking and laughing and having a good time. I never thought I'd enjoy a party, but I really like this. It's even making me think about considering going to school. Crazy, right?

On the other hand though, I can't stop thinking about Stefan. Just the fact that he was acting so strange. Like he knew me. That's the sense I got from him at least. But...I've never seen Stefan before. I don't possibly understand how he could know me...if that even was what it was.

"Earth to Alex" Matt said and I looked to him.

"Shut up" I said laughing a little.

"Not the first time tonight you went into a totally different dimension" He said.

"I think a lot. I can't help it" I said laughing a little.

"Matt!" I heard a high pitched voice say and I look over. I see a pretty tall blonde haired girl walking over to us and I look to Matt.

"Caroline" He said.

"How come I haven't seen you all night?" She said coming over and sitting down next to him.

"Just been wondering around. I thought I would've ran into you earlier" He said.

"Who's your company?" She said looking to us.

"This is Alexandra, and this is her friend Eleanor. Alex and Elle" Matt said.

"Your girlfriends pretty" She said looking to me and I tried not to gag.

"Oh, no, no" I said.

"Jeez, Care. This is my cousin" Matt said and her eyes widened.

"Oh! Oh....wow. Okay, it's nice to meet you. Both of you. My name is Caroline" She said and we both smiled and waved to her.

"Nice to meet you" I said.

"You haven't always lived here, have you? Because I've definitely never heard Matt here talk about a cousin" She said.

"We actually just moved here yesterday." I said.

"Awesome! Well, you'll love it here. Mystic Falls is like the best place ever. You'll also love Mystic Falls High School. And now, you know me, so it'll be great!" She said very perky and excited.

"They're homeschooled" Matt said.

"What? Homeschooled? Seriously?" She said.

"Yeah, seriously" Elle said.

"It's not bad at all. We're also just used to it" I said.

"You should definitely try real high school. Especially here" She said.

"Trust me, Care, I'm trying" Matt said.

"At least come tour the school one day? It can't kill" She said and I looked to Elle who nodded a little.

"We can do that" I said.