2

Alexandra's pov

It's the next day. Tonight is the night of the party. Last night I caved in and told Elle we could go. Matt though still has no clue we're going. He did end up sending me all of the information last night in hopes that we would come. I'm currently in the kitchen reading over all that information he sent and I'm a little confused.

"What's that face for?" Elle said walking into the kitchen and going to the fridge.

"The party is in the woods. Like literally in the woods" I said.

"That's interesting" She said.

"Doesn't seem too safe" I said.

"I'm sure they know what they're doing" She said and then started to think about it. "Actually...does sound a little sketchy" She continued.

"I'll call Matt" I said and then dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

"Alex" He said.

"So, say we do end up coming to this party...we're going to be wondering around the woods?" I said and he laughed.

"Trust me, it's not like you think. It's nice out there" He said.

"Kind of having a hard time picturing that" I said laughing a little.

"Parties here are chill. Everyone is laid back and doesn't get into trouble. Well...for the most part. But really, it's totally safe and it's totally worth it. This must mean you're thinking of coming" He said.

"I told myself I'd go....and I promised Elle" I said.

"It'll be fun, Alex. Trust me, I wouldn't put my little cousin in harms way" He said.

"Matt, I'm only a month younger than you" I said.

"Still a baby to me. You may look grown now but that doesn't mean a thing" He said and I laugh a little.

"Okay. Well, we will be there tonight" I said.

"Looking forward to it. I'll see you tonight. 7:00 on the dot" He said and I shake my head.

"7:00 on the dot" I said then hung up.

Time to get ready for this party.

•••

Elle and I arrive to the location and I park my car. We both get out and I can hear music and people talking. It's honestly not that bad, Matt was right. The woods don't look too creepy. They have lights hung up everywhere making it look nicer and there's a little wooden bridge over a stream of water. They even have tables set up.

"Wow...our hometown needs to take some tips" Elle said.

"No kidding" I said. We both start walking down the little hill to where everyone is and I just take in my surroundings. I see people with red solo cups in their hands and then look to Elle.

"Are we drinking?" She said.

"Well, one of us has to be designated driver" I said.