𝟎𝟐

𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟭𝘀𝘁,
𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵 」

After a long ass night of tossing and turning until 3 in the morning, I finally managed to get a couple hours of good sleep

One thing about me was I loved to sleep my problems away.

Mainly because when you're sleeping, you're not sad or depressed, you're not mad, you're not irritated, you're nothing .

And I loved having some type of escape from the real world.

That was until I woke up to the smell of something burning.

Quickly jumping out of my bed, reaching for my phone on the nightstand and grabbing my necklace with my grandmothers ashes inside of the charm off my dresser, I quickly raced downstairs to see what was going on.

My eyes landing on my brother Three at the stove, shaking his hands in the air just above a skillet with steam coming from the top of it and blowing onto the skillet - this dumbass nigga was trying to cook knowing he couldn't and now stunk the whole house up because of it.

Rolling my eyes as I set the necklace and my phone down onto the counter, walking into the kitchen.

"Ummm what are you doing??"

I asked, annoyance clear in my tone, raising a brow in his direction.

Three looked up and once his eyes met mine, I could tell by his facial expression that he was surprised to see me standing there, his brows furrowing and the corners of his mouth turned into a slight frown.

"Well— I was trying to cook you breakfast and bring it to your bed how them white suburban mamas be doing for their kids.. and I ended up burning it —My bad.."

He stated, looking down.

I laughed a bit before beginning to zone out, thinking to myself why he decided to be so nice to me all of the sudden and what he did or wanted.

Eventually realizing what today was, I felt so stupid.

August 21st, my seventeenth birthday.

I know you're probably thinking how I could ever forget my own birthday but they were never really celebrated when I lived back at home with my mom.

I should have known Three would do something like this for me though — he did always get me something every year, even if it was little.

I smiled back up at him — pretending to know the entire time.

"Boyyy! Now you know you ain't have to go through all that for little ole me. I'm happy with just a happy birthday !"

Three looked back to me, chuckling hard, his dimples popping through his cheeks.

"Well.. Happy Birthday ugly!"

He shouted louder than he should've this early in the morning before rushing over and pulling me into a big tight squeeze, making me feel like I was about to die!

I was thankful when he pulled away and began to clean his mess up.

"Imma just make us some toaster strudels."

I stated walking over to the freezer and pulling the package out, popping a couple into the toaster waiting for them to pop up as I went back to the fridge and pulled out our orange juice, or what little we had left anyway.

I didn't move an inch hearing the front door open and shut after a few minutes, already assuming it was one of the guys in Three's gang, they often came over to our place in the morning to eat and didn't leave until late at night - or in some cases for a few days or weeks.

They all had similar backgrounds and really rough upbringings which is what drew us all together and made us so close.

At times, I loved that Three had friends like this because it was like we had a big family again but other times it was annoying because they could be too protective and bossy like they was my damn daddies or uncles and had some sort of control over me which they funky asses do NOT!

Just as quick as I looked up and laid my eyes on KD who had just made his way into the kitchen, I looked right back down.

His big eared having ass wasn't interesting, at all, to me.

Let me take that back cause I sound real rude right now.

KD the sweetest outta all the guys - but he still the ugliest.

Hearing some more footsteps behind him my eyes made they way back up landing on Kentrell, I bit my lip, quickly snapping out of it and looking around to make sure nobody had noticed.

I had a crush on his ass forever.

But he was the biggest dog and I'll be damned if he play me.

Plus I already knew Three wasn't going for none of that, I better just fix this breakfast and go on about my business.

"What up Nigga."

I heard Kentrell say as he sat down at one of the stools in front of the island beside KD to Three who was scrubbing the skillet at the kitchen sink, before the two of them shook him up.

"Say Lay, is it really your birthday?"

KD asked looking over to me as my brother and Kentrell made small talk.

I poured the remaining orange juice into four tall glasses before I glanced over to KD and nodded.

I finished what I was doing before setting the glasses in front of the boys.

"Happy gloday, Lay."

Kentrell wished me, picking up the orange juice and flashing a smile in my direction as his recently done grills flashed against the light before taking a sip.

Damn why was this man so fucking fine?

I constantly had to remind myself over the years that I just couldn't have him, no matter how bad I wanted him - and I'm not talking in that way, ya nasties !

AUTHOR NOTE 💕: I hope you guys are really liking my story so far. If you guys have any ideas or tips just message me or comment and I'll really appreciate it! I wanna try updating a new part everyday so y'all don't have to wait that long to read this. Next part will be Malaysia's party.. What do y'all think is gonna happen? Do y'all think she'll ever get a piece of Kentrell? Stay tuned to find out ❣️ .