𝟎𝟑

𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝗔𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟭𝘀𝘁, 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟴

My rest of my morning was pretty much the same as every other weekday - boring as hell!

Well, except for the fact that Three ended up letting me go into school an hour late cause of my birthday.

And as an apology to make up for that burnt ass food that he ended up making me just to throw right into the garbage cause I wasn't eating that bullshit!

I hated how all the eyes were on me at school and everyone was constantly wishing me a "Happy Birthday" every corner that I turned.

I guess that was one of the many perks when you had an extremely popular brother every girl in school was after, even years after he dropped out.

Anywho, the day was finally over and Journee, my bestie, wanted me to come over afterwards so she could do my makeup and take some bomb ass pictures with her ringlight.

And since I ain't make no plans and wasn't having no party, I agreed.

So that's what we was doing, walking a couple blocks down to her house.

Journee's mom, Anika, had seven kids.

All of Anika's kids were younger than Journee except for Josiah.

Josiah was a couple years older than Journee, he grew up with Three, Kentrell, and the rest of the guys who frequented my house.

And 'Siah was one of the main reasons I grew so close to Journee.

Unfortunately, he passed away last year around the Fourth of July.

We all live in the projects, so young kids were passing like this almost everyday.

This was nothing new just a death that hit a little too close to home.

Journee's family never talks about him much; except for Anika.

Anyway, I'm getting off track way too much.

About fifteen minutes later we were finally in Journee's bedroom.

That shit was nice too.