Aria's letter

I'm not sure how to start this. I have so much I want to say but I'm currently failing at putting them into words on the paper.

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶

You know how I always loved the sunset and the sunrise?

I'm standing now watching the sunrise. There's so many colours in the sky, I might just cry over how beautiful it is (you know i would).

I tried counting the different colours but there's so many, all of them meshing together to create something wonderful.

It's one of the most beautiful out of every other sunrise.
I just wish you were here to see it.

It's been a year and I'm standing where we last stood together.

Remember? You were leaving to catch the stag.
D̶i̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶

I still can't believe I'm queen. I would not have seen that coming for quite some time.

But it was time to accept that now.

Seeing that it was clear you had gone back and would not be returning anytime soon.

I don't know if I would see you again.

Is it wishful thinking that I expect you to turn up in Narnia before it's too late?

What if it takes a 100years? I won't be here then.

If I don't find a way to return home, we might not see each other again.

Is it finally time for me to accept Narnia is my home?

It doesn't feel that way.

Not without You. Edmund. Or Lucy or Susan.

I miss you so very much.

The days aren't the same anymore.
It's so quiet and lonely.

Mr Tumnus and the beavers always stay by my side but they know it's not the same.

I miss Lucy's laugh. I miss Susan's never ending advices.

I miss Edmund, who I always fell into trouble with.
Tell Edmund that I'm finally winning chess now that I have no strong opponent. I guess I learnt from the best.

I stopped playing chess though. I̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶

It had too many memories.

Narnia is safe, if you're wondering.
It is not like I could rule the same way you did but I'm trying my best.
I'm not sure if thats enough.

There's a lot I want to say but I'm still having trouble putting them into words.

I don't hate you for leaving.
You had no choice.
And I know you would have tried your best to come back.
I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶

It wasn't your fault.

I hope you know that I never stopped waiting for you and I never will.

Don't for a second think that I gave up on you.

I don't know how long it would be in England before you come back here but I'll be waiting for as long as it takes.

But if by any chance, you ever return to Narnia and I'm no longer here, I hope this letter falls into your hands.

I was never able to say goodbye. So I guess this letter would be it.

I will always treasure the moments we had together.

Maybe I took them for granted seeing how this could be the end.
But I will always remember you.

You were and will always be my home.

Goodbye Peter.

- A.A