Chapter 27

A memory

A memory

○○○○●○○○○

She opened her eyes.

The sky that had been a dark grey before was now a bright light blue.

She craned her neck to the side.

Her eyes were met with a vast grassy field that seemed to run on forever.

A tear ran down her face and the girl blinked, averting her gaze to the sky again.

Lying flat on her back, she could still feel the impact from the sword on her chest.

She brought her hand to the wound, but instead of meeting with chain mail or even a sword, her fingers touched soft fabric.

Aria sat up straight.

Her gaze swept across the empty field, one that was supposed to be filled with fallen soldiers.

What had happened?

The telmarines had attacked and the remaining of the Narnians including herself engaged in war despite the odd chances.

The last thing she remembered before waking up in this place, was being impaled by a sword- the dark-almost maniacal eyes of the telmarine imprinted in her own eyes.

Her reflection on a still pond caught her eye.

Aria rose to her feet and looked at herself.

She was almost the same age as when she had arrived.

Her face was full and less defined and although her teenage charm had returned, the tiny scar that ran across her cheek - courtesy from the white witch herself- was still imprinted.