Chapter 10

It was a fine day much contrasting to what lay ahead for the children and Narnians

It was- hopefully- a promise of winter lifting,the end of grey bitter days. It is atleast what Aria thought to herself.

Aria rode Legacy to the frontline, having exchanged a few words with Edmund.

"Stay safe", the two had said, hoping deep down, despite the odd chances, that everyone would escape unscathed.

Peter glanced at Aria as she rode up next to him, the gryphon having mentioned the witch's large army.

He wore a stoic face but his eyes spoke a thousand words.

"Are you with me?"

~ A few hours ago ~

Aria leaned against the entrance to the tent, watching the boy adjust his armour.

"Are you sure you got it all handled?", Aria teased, watching the boy struggle with the straps.

"I'm sure I can handle this. Besides, you got it done really quickly. How hard can it be?".

Aria shook her head with a smile, as she walked towards the boy, offering to make final adjustments.

Peter watched the girl, her soft smile imprinting itself in the eyes of the young boy.

"There", Aria dusted his shoulder after fixing his armour.
"You're all set, your majesty".

Peter inspected his armour, later attaching his sword to his waist.

He eyed the girl, already dressed in her armour and armed with a sword on her waist and a bow and quiver with arrows on her back.

She was a young girl, one that was not supposed to look like a walking weapon- but she did.

Peter let out a troubled sigh.
"What do you think will happen out there?".

Aria met Peter's eyes, immediately looking away seeing the desperation in them.

"It will be alright. With you leading, I know you can give Narnia back to it's people".
Aria smiled, finding his eyes again.

Peter took her hand in both of his, wanting only one thing from the girl.
"Promise me you will stay safe".

Aria smiled, nodding her head.
"I will, as long as you do".

Peter smiled softly. He reached out and hugged her tightly.

Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his.

She hugged him back, hoping that if she held on tighter, nothing could snatch him away.

Peter sighed.
He couldn't bear see his siblings fighting in a war.

Seeing Aria armed with weapons didn't make him feel any better.

All he wanted was to keep her safe- no matter what he would have to do for it.

The boy pulled away from the girl, holding her hand in his.
"Will you stay with me?".

~

Aria smiled at Peter, the boy, who although was riding a unicorn to war, looked powerful even if he didn't see it himself.

"Always. Till the end".

The blare of a horn was heard in the distance and Aria shifted her gaze towards the vast field.

Seeing the witch's army, much greater in numbers than theirs, sent shivers down her spine.

Aria stood up straight on her horse, taking a deep breath and gripping the hilt of her sword tightly.

She turned to Peter who raised his sword- a signal for the gryphons.

The airborne troops showered the enemy with boulders in an aerial attack.
It worked to thin the enemy's ranks, but one by one gryphons were knocked out of the sky by archers.

Aria flinched watching them crash mercilessly to the ground and Jadis advanced further.

Aria looked to Peter, a troubled expression on his face that Aria was sure she mirrored.

But she nodded her head, flashing him a comforting smile to assure him.

Peter found himself having to pry his gaze away from her, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

He focused his gaze on Jadis and her army, shouting out a battle cry.

"For Narnia and For Aslan!"

Narnian cheers echoed across the fields as they, led by Peter, charged to meet the enemy in the middle of the plains.

Both sides collided in a mass of bodies, with the centaur cavalry cutting down multiple foes with their spears, and the felines in both armies bringing down several of each.

Aria followed Peter closely behind, her eyes narrowing down on the enemies that were headed her way.

She raised her sword in the air, bringing it down to meet its target as she broke into the enemy line.