Prologue

"Dont let her get away!", the boy ordered those around him as they ran through the streets of London

The girl risked a look back, her breaths coming in short gasps as she pulled a younger boy in tow.
The boys were not far behind and the panic set her mind whirling for ideas.

The two rounded a corner and entered an alley, heading towards a large garbage bin and crouching behind it.
"Listen to me. You wait here until they're gone and run back to the building, alright?", the girl gripped the young boy's shoulders, shaking him to make sure he understood.

The boy nodded his head vigorously, curling himself into a ball in the small gap.

The girl looked out from behind the bin before taking a deep breath and setting off once again, making sure to lead the boys away from the small boy that she had unknowingly dragged into trouble.

Her breaths were sharp and frantic, eyes wide and brimming with tears.
She ran as quickly as she could through the busy streets, earning a few hateful glares as she ran into people.
She could hear them getting closer with every step she took and she knew it was only a matter of time before they would catch up to her.

The girl slipped into another alley, but stumbled in her steps as she arrived at a dead end. Her breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous.
She threw herself against the wall, attempting to climb but it was pointless.
She spun around and watched as the boys drew nearer, taking their time like when a predator approaches its prey.

Her hazel eyes darted around taking in her surroundings. Ripping off a piece of wood from beside her, she swung it at the boy nearest to her. He fumbled backwards in shock, clutching his head in pain but resumed to approach her.

The girl kept inching backwards, dodging the boys' punches and deflecting their attacks but she couldn't keep it going for much longer. A fist met her jaw and she stumbled backwards, holding her arms up to defend herself.

The boys, much taller than her, circled around her, smirks on their faces, advancing slowly.
However, the sound of police horns stopped them, glancing at each other in worry.
The older boy pointed at her menacingly. "Until we meet again", he threatened, backing away and running away with the rest of them.

The young girl watched them run away, collapsing against the wall once they were gone.
She hoped the young boy had returned to the building and sighed, already sick of the repetitive life she led.

She watched people move past her, hurrying home as the night approached. She was supposed to return before dark but she couldn't bring herself to move.
As she laid there, staring at the now setting sun, a voice called out for her.

"Aria..", the voice whispered.

The young girl frantically got to her feet, looking around for the man that had called out to her.

But there was no one in sight.
Was she hearing it?
But there it was again.
Louder and clearer.
A whisper urging her to move towards a specific door.

The door wasn't special nor was it locked. The girl stared at the door longingly, questioning the voice in her head.
Was she just hearing things or did a voice really call out for her?

"Aria come", the voice was more stronger and determined this time and the young girl was convinced.
She opened the door and walked in, the sounds of the busy streets disappearing as a whole as she walked into a bright light that consumed her.

A load roar sounded in the distance.

"Aria, find me".