Chapter 46

Aria walked through the halls of the Telmarine castle

She had walked these same halls before, but having to cower in the shadows, avoiding been seen.

She paused near a window, her eyes scanning the land before her with a smile on her face.

Narnia.

It had been a few days since the war had ended.

Both Narnians and Telmarines were being treated for their wounds and while any interactions between them had been awkward, they were working on bearing with one another.

One could walk past a certain Telmarine they swore would have been responsible for their broken arm and all the while pretend like they didn't know each other.

It was uncertain what the fates of the Telmarines would be.

But at the moment, they were held within the walls of the castle.

Aria did not want to imprison them but it was the only choice knowing their actions were unpredictable.

Aria, covered in her own share of wounds that had been bandaged and tend to walked into the gardens.

While the inside of the castle appeared gloomy, much different to the halls of Cair Paravel, the gardens were always a pleasant sight.

The girl smiled and settled down in the seat opposite to a boy, who grumbled at her arrival.

"You certainly took your time", Edmund complained, leaning back in his chair.

He played with a chess piece in his hand as Aria shook her head.

"Caspian needed a little help".

"His coronation is coming soon isn't it?", Edmund asked, making the first move with his chest piece.

Aria nodded, as she made the next move.

"Everything is so new to him and I promised him I'll help".

Edmund nodded in understanding, leaning back after moving his piece.

"Did Aslan say anything about the Telmarines?", he asked.

Aria nodded.
"He said something about giving them a second chance".

Edmund raised his brow, unsure of the decision.

"The Telmarines do have a hard time coming into terms with the Narnians", he said, moving another piece.

Aria shrugged.

"I'm not surprised. When we first came here, we couldn't believe our eyes either".

Edmund smiled at the memory, a smirk raising the corner of his lips.

"Peter told us how you reacted to the wolf talking", he teased and Aria rolled her eyes.

"Ofcourse he did".

Aria shook her head.

"Also why did I agree to play chess? I haven't played this in centuries", Aria complained.

She moved a pawn, not entirely sure of what she was doing and Edmund laughed.

"In centuries..", the boy repeated her words.
"Quite literally".

Aria laughed and leaned back in her chair, already given up with the game.

Her gaze shifted to her side as the sound of footsteps caught her attention.

"Aria, I need your help with something", Peter spoke, resting his hands on his hips.

He heaved an exhausted sigh as if he had been running the whole time.

Aria looked up at the boy, her gaze then lowering to his feet.

"Where's your shoe?", she asked.

As if in cue, both boys looked down at Peter's feet, one foot obviously missing a shoe.

Peter sighed and scratched his head.

He pointed his hand in the direction he had come from.

"The mud puddle down the road demanded a sacrifice".

Edmund and Aria shared a glance before bursting into laughter.

"You look so dumb", Edmund commented.

Aria nodded in agreement and smiled.

"Aria I-".

"I'm trying to play. Can you please go be dumb somewhere that's away from me?", she teased and Peter pointed at himself in surprise.

"I'm dumb? Look who's talking. Eveything you say is dumb", he teased back, crossing his arms with a smile.

Aria shot him a playful glare.

She leaned back and smiled in mischief.

"Peter", she said, emphasising on the name.

The boy uncrossed his arms, realising what she had done and he could hear Edmund snicker.

Aria laughed as Peter narrowed his eyes at the girl.

The boy pursed his lips, unable to hide the smile on his face.

She rose to her feet and hugged the boy.

Peter tightened his grip around her back, pulling her close so that she was crushed.

The two laughed as Aria let out a choke, patting his back repeatedly, asking to let her go.

"Come on Peter. I was only joking", she chuckled, pulling away from the boy.

She grabbed his hand and gestured to the castle.

"Let's find you a shoe and get going. I'm only going to lose against Edmund anyway".

Edmund smiled and nodded his head.
"Obviously".

Aria shook her head in disbelief.

Peter intertwined their hands and the two walked into the castle, in search of a new pair of shoes for Peter.