Chapter 17

Prince Caspian X, an orphan, living with his uncle in the castle had heard about Narnians from his professor

Tales about animals that talk, the kings and queens of the golden era and then the High Queen after.

But for him, it was all a story from the books.

As the Prince lay asleep one night, a shadow moved closer to him without a sound.
The figure loomed over Caspian's sleeping figure, quickly clasping his palm over the prince's mouth.

The boy was woken up by fear but settled down once he realised it was only his professor.
"Five more minutes", the boy mumbled.

"You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince".

Caspian turned to the professor, noting the urgency in his tone.
His eyes widened as he realised something was off.

"Come, we must hurry", professor Cornelius urged the now awake Prince, leading him to his wardrobe.

"What is going on professor?", Caspian asked, unnerved by the worry on the old man's face.

"Your aunt has given birth", he whispered, pushing open a hidden door, "to a son".

•••○•••

Caspian rushed out through a secret opening to the castle armoury.

His breathing was quick and as he picked up his armour and sword, he could only be worried about what he was about to face.

Seeing his own men trying to kill him by just merely an order by his own uncle, stunned him.

The way the curtains ripped and feathers flew in the air as the troop shot their arrows at his bed made him sick.
He could only think of what his fate would have been, if the professor hadn't made it to him in time.

Caspian couldn't trust anyone besides his professor, who now urged him to mount a horse.

"You must make for the woods", the professor rushed his words.

Caspian looked to the trees with fear.
All his life, tales of the dark forest had stopped him from venturing into it.

"The woods?", he questioned and the professor nodded.