Chapter 12

"Who are You?!"

"Who are You?!".

Aria laughed, holding up her dress and looking in the mirror.

"I'm glad for once, you decided to ditch the man pants and get into a suitable dress", Susan mused, twirling Aria to get a better view of her.

Aria's hair, for once, was neatly pinned back, her soft curls hanging down her back.
Dressed in a blue dress, that contradicted with her dark black hair, a soft natural blush on her cheeks and brown eyes that seemed to hold the entire galaxy in them, Aria looked like a completely different person but still managed to be herself.

"You look beautiful".

"So do you, Susan".

The said girl smiled but shook her head.
"No I mean it Aria. You look really beautiful. You look like a goddess. It's hard to explain but I really can't stop staring at you. Peter's going to fall head over heels in love".

Aria stopped in her tracks, her hands gripping her sword tightly.

"He likes me too?", she murmured, her voice soft but hopeful.

Aria's words, however, did not fall on deaf ears.

"Too?", Susan teased, walking closer to the girl.

Aria dropped her sword on her bed, wiping her sweaty palms on her dress.

The girl looked around the room, her gaze landing on everything but Susan.

"I mean. He's my best friend. That hasn't changed", Aria reasoned.

"It's clear your feelings for him has".

Aria shot a glance at Susan, crossing her arms across her chest.
The girl sighed, walking towards the door, as if in deep thought.

"Is it obvious?" Aria groaned.

Susan chuckled, picking up a necklace from Aria's bed and walking towards the girl.

"Apparently not to Peter. He could be rather daft when it comes to these".

Susan clasped the necklace around Aria's neck before standing back and approving the look.

Aria stood at the opening of the door, hoping to slip out before Susan could ask more.
"Alright. Just promise me you will not bring this up again", Aria pleaded.

"I can't promise you that".
Susan crossed her arms across a chest, a smirk on her face.

"Fine. Just forget we ever had this conversation", Aria stated, running out through the door, her face red.

•••○•••

"Long live King Peter!
Long live Queen Susan!
Long live King Edmund!
Long live Queen Lucy!"

Aria cheered with the rest of the Narnians as the Pevensies stood by the thrones, crowned as the kings and queens of Narnia.

The girl stood beside Oreius, looking on with pride, a wide smile on her face.

Lucy glanced excitedly at Aria who returned a cheerful smile.

"Your majesty looks beautiful", Aria exclaimed, embracing the little girl that had run to her.

"So do you Aria", Lucy replied excitedly. "You should wear dresses more often", Lucy teased.

Aria shook her head with a chuckle, promising to keep it in mind.

"So did Peter say anything?", Susan chimed, leaning close to Aria with a smug smile.

Aria rolled her eyes, whispering back. "I thought we agreed not to bring it up again".

"Bring what up again?", Edmund sneaked inbetween them, glancing at Aria with a knowing look.

Aria narrowed her eyes at the boy before rolling her eyes again.
"Not you too".

Edmund shrugged, a cheeky smile on his face.

Aria sighed, waving at the girls as they left to join the dance, her eyes shifting around the room.

Her eyes met blue ones as the boy stopped a few feet away from her, his eyes wide.
His jaw dropped, his mouth failing to form words.
"Aria? I almost didn't recognise you!"

"Really? I saw her before the coronation. And I recognised her", Edmund chimed in from beside the girl.
"By the way, you look really beautiful", he complimented, earning a genuine smile from the girl.

"Thank you Ed".

The two glanced at Peter expectantly.

Peter blinked, his eyes darting from the girl to the boy. "Uh, do you want to dance?"

Edmund tutted, patting Peter's shoulder and walking away.

Aria chuckled, lifting the hem of her dress in a curtsy.
"I would be honoured, your majesty".