Chapter 14

A woman walked by the balconies of Cair Paravel.
She held her bare arms closer to her chest, rubbing them to keep warm.
She breathed in the smell of salt in the air, feeling refreshed just by the sight of the sea.

Nature's orchestra at dawn and the crashing of waves in the beach were to accompany her as her friends were preparing to set off on their journey.

A strong pair of arms embraced her from behind, softly whispering in her ear.
Aria smiled, holding on tightly to the man's hand as he moved to stand beside her.

"You sure I won't be able to change your mind?", Peter questioned, squeezing Aria's hand.

"We've been over this several times already. You need some time off with your siblings. I'll handle everything here while you're gone".

"Besides you won't be gone forever".

Peter smiled gratefully, wrapping his hand around her shoulders.
He brought Aria close and placed a kiss on her temple.

"I love you aria. But..", Peter trailed off, moving himself away from her.

Aria turned to him suspiciously.
"But What?".

"We've been together for more than 10 years. And I wanted to give this to you since the last time... the last time- we went to the village...but", Peter fumbled with the clasp on a box.

"Give me that", Aria held her hand out with a laugh.

"No I got it. My hands are just a little slippery".

"Right", Aria chuckled, grabbing the box from his hand as he held it out in defeat.

Aria gasped, holding in a silent squeal, as she took out two rings from it.
"They are the ones I pointed out in the village. You got them!", Aria squealed and embraced Peter, holding onto the rings dearly.

She slipped the ring into her finger, doing the same on Peter's.
Aria held their hands together, eyeing the rings lovingly.

"Thank you. I will treasure it dearly".

"It is to remind you of me- our memories. You can look at it when you miss me", Peter stated with a proud smile.

Aria laughed, shaking her head.
"Please, you won't be gone for long. I won't miss you that much".

"I will miss you though", Peter sighed.

Aria crossed her hands infront of her chest.
"Now you're just making me look like the bad guy". Aria smiled and embraced him.
"Ofcourse I'll miss you dearly", she whispered into his chest.

"Hello lovebirds. Sorry to break apart your lovely morning but we have to leave now if you want to catch that stag".
Edmund walked up to them, choosing to stand inbetween them with a smug smile.

Aria rolled her eyes with a smile, bringing Edmund into an embrace.
"Good luck".

"You sure you don't want to come? It won't be the same without you", Edmund said.

Aria nodded her head.
"I appreciate it but I have some work to see to. You and your siblings need some time together as well without me butting in".

The three laughed, gathering into an embrace again.

Peter pulled her closer, pressing his lips to hers.
"I love you", he whispered.

Aria nodded, holding both of his hands in hers. "I love you".

"I love you too Aria!", Edmund shouted, grabbing Peter with him.

Aria shook her head and laughed. "I love you Edmund!".

"And Ed, make sure he doesn't mess up while you are out there", Aria added with a teasing smile.

"I'll make sure to bring him in one piece. Come on Peter", Edmund called out, pulling the reluctant king away.

"You two are unbelievable", Peter stated, setting off the two friends into laughing fits.