Chapter 50

Voices spoke all at once and the momentary silence the Pevensies had been through broke immediately, overwhelming their ears.

Peter cringed at the loud sounds, his gaze shifting all around him.

A loud horn sounded in the distance and the voices grew louder overlapping one another.

Peter blinked fast, adjusting to the new surrounding.

He glanced at his siblings before looking around him.

They had arrived back at the train station.

Peter sighed deeply.

He felt his hand being squeezed and looked down at his sister.

Lucy hugged her brother and the boy smiled gratefully.

"Come on. Let's get our bags. The train is almost here", Susan took the lead to guide her siblings.

The girl missed their friend very much but she knew it was up to her bring her family back to reality whether they liked it or not.

She picked up Peter's bag and handed it over, the boy nodding slightly.

They shuffled closer to the end of the platform, waiting for the train that they heard in the distance.

The boy looked around him.

He knew the idea was farfetched but if scanning the station for her was some kind of comfort to him, he would keep doing it.

The crowd was gathered together at one place, all of them waiting for the train that the back of the platform was almost deserted.

Peter's eyes flickered from one end to another but there was nothing.

Nothing that could sooth his mind or aching heart.

He dropped his bag on the ground, now turning around to find anything among the crowd.

"Peter..", Susan began, watching her brother sadly.

The boy shook his head and ignored her, his eyes continuously flickering from one person at another.

He twisted the ring on his finger, that thankfully had found it's way back to England once again.

Peter wanted to cry.

He had been holding back in Narnia.

And he was holding back now at the station.

It hurt him to do so.
The back of his throat burned and his chest hurt as he took deep shuddering breaths to compose himself.

He took a step back from his siblings, his gaze falling to his feet.

He needed to make up his mind but he couldn't.

He had been through this before when they first came back from Narnia but it wasn't the same.

Aria would not come back.

Peter clenched his jaw and closed his eyes.

He wanted to block out the tears, the sadness.

But it was the opposite.

All he could see was her.

"Peter", Susan stated more firmly, placing her hand on his arm.

The boy opened his eyes and glanced at the girl out of the corner of his eye.

A loud thud interrupted the girl's words and heads turned in the direction of the staircase.

"Watch where you're walking child!", a man complained, pointing accusingly at a figure picking up their bags they had dropped.

Susan sighed and turned her attention back to her brother.

"We are all going to be alright", she said, gripping his arm.

Peter's gaze fell at her words, his grip tightening on the ring.

He nodded unwillingly and looked back up, his gaze scanning the station one last time as if it would make any difference.

"Here, let me help you".

A boy standing a few feet away from Peter gestured to the figure who had been scolded before.

The figure, a girl, shook her head and Peter stared at her back as she seemed to look everywhere but the boy.

"Thank you but I'm alright".

She turned to the boy this time and smiled gratefully.

Peter's eyes narrowed as he caught a glimpse of her face but shook his head immediately in denial.

There was no way.

The boy walked away and the girl continued to strain her neck, looking for something.

She turned around and Peter's eyes widened.

So did the girl's.

"Peter?".

Her voice was the same.

It quivered and was uncertain, displaying fear and joy all at the same time.

Peter opened his mouth but unable to form words, he was left hanging grasping for the correct words.

Seconds passed, his brain taking her in, struggling to comprehend that she wasn't made up in his mind.

The girl teared up as she slowly started to walk towards him and Peter heard himself cry as he took steps towards her.

And he saw her arms reaching out and felt his do the same.

The distance between them grew smaller, the idea of her being before him becoming more real.

The ground between them erased and the two morphed into one being.

Peter wrapped his arms around her tight, the warmth of her body giving him a feeling of hope and belonging like she always did.

He kissed her head, a muffled chuckle escaping from the girl's lips as her grip around him tightened.

Peter sank into the embrace, forgetting where he was except for the smiling face infront of him.

"I'm here. I'm really here", the girl reassured and Peter grinned.

He laughed and sobbed at the same time, wrapping his arms around her back and bringing her even closer if it was possible.

The boy held her in an embrace he never wanted to end.

He lost her once.

Then he thought he lost her again.

But she was here.

Right of infront of him.

Aria Abernathy was in England.

And he won't loose her again.