Epilogue I.

A few days before,

A man woke up in a cold sweat, looking around  his room in a daze.

It was still dark, the sun barely showing itself.

He grabbed his glasses and nightgown off of his chair and pushed open the door, looking down the corridor as if she would appear at the end of it.

He had a girl- adopted.

He dreamt of her walking around his house, eating at their dinner table and spending hours in his library.

It had all felt so real.

He had woken up by the sound of a known roar, one that he hadn't heard in a long time.

Aslan.

And as he scrambled through the dark corridors, he had only one destination in mind.

The wardrobe.

It was where the dream had begun.

The man burst into the room, his eyes scanning the whole length of the dark room.

But there was no one.

The wardrobe remained as it was.

He heaved a tired sigh, his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

He walked towards the wardrobe and examined it.

But it was intact.

He opened the door but there was nothing but coats.

The man sighed and closed the door.

He took a step back and stared at the wardrobe, hoping it would open right before his eyes.

But there was no movement.

Was it all nothing but just a dream?

The man fixed his glasses and sighed again, walking back to the door of the room dejectedly.

He paused at the door, waiting.

The sun was almost up, lighting up the room slightly and creating shadows in the corners.

His eyes scanned every corner as if he would find something in them but as expected there was nothing.

A loud roar sounded again and the man flinched at the sudden sound, his eyes flickering to all corners of the room.

His gaze fell on the wardrobe once again, believing that it was time.

The door opened slightly, a sliver of bright light escaping through the gap.

The man held his breath, his eyes boring into the wardrobe.

A hand reached out and pushed the door open wider and the man's eyes widened as recognition dawned on his face.

The child he had seen in his dreams walked right out of the wardrobe.

She turned to the windows, narrowing her eyes at the light coming through and shut the door of the wardrobe slowly.

Her eyes scanned across the room before finally landing on the man.

She studied the man as he did too, recognising one another's features from when they saw each other in their dreams.

The girl took a step forward, her hands finding each other and holding them tight infront of her.

She smiled at the man.

"Hello, Mr Diggory".