Chapter 5

Upon waking, Aria burrowed herself deeper into the warm, comfy sheets

She rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes and gazed at the opening of the tent, seeing the faun that had barged in before, asking her to wake up.

"Do Narnians wake up even before the sun rises or is it just an army camp kind of thing?", Aria mumbled, realising that it was still very dark outside.

"We need to get you trained quickly. Now get into suitable clothes and meet me outside in fifteen minutes", the faun stated, earning a questioning look from Aria.

"Now!", the faun commanded.

Aria got onto her feet swiftly, nodding her head repeatedly in response as she prepped herself.

Walking away from her tent, Aria was more excited than annoyed for being woken up early. She was determined to know how to handle a sword and to survive in combat and she was ready to do anything that was thrown her way.

"As you already know, even before arriving here, you managed to fight off the wolves", the faun spoke.

"With a stick, might I add", Aria added.

The faun was not impressed but Aria didn't miss the sparkle in her eye. "Right. Without any proper weapons. So the combat skills must be in you. We just have to work on bringing that out ", the faun explained.

Aria nodded as she trudged along, finding out later that she was the only one at the field.

Walking upto a centaur, Aria looked around the field. "Isn't Peter or any of the others going to train?".

"The King and Queens will be training later. It is you that we have to train harder", he replied.

"Harder?", Aria gulped.

He nodded with a smile.
"Now, let's take it easy with 5 runs around this field, yes?".

Aria eyed the wide field before her, a smirk spreading across her face. "Easy".

Running and stamina were her expertise. For the whole years she had been running away from people in London, this is where it would all finally pay off.

However, holding a sword for the first time, Aria was slow and awkward. The sword, although being of suitable weight, seemed too hard for her to handle.
But giving up was never her plan.

As the first rays of sunlight began to appear, Aria had trained herself in handling the sword as well as the bow, much faster than anyone had expected. But she still had so much to learn.

Aria walked back to camp exhausted but the sight of the familiar siblings diverted her attention.
"Peter Pevensie!", she called out, walking towards the group.

"Aria", Peter smiled back.

Aria smiled before her eyes landed on a brown haired boy stuffing himself with toasts.
"Edmund?", Aria questioned.

The boy, Edmund looked up at Aria suspiciously, definitely knowing her from somewhere.
When he realised, shame filled his entire body as he looked away from her.

"I- I'm really sorry. About the fox. I didn't know what else to do and then you were chased I-".

"Edmund everything is alright", Aria reassured, although bringing up the fox had hit a soft spot.
"It was a mistake. And I forgive you. You don't have to worry".

Aria smiled to which Edmund smiled back unsurely.
"Well", she said, "I will meet you all later. Edmund, it was nice to meet you".

"Will you join us for breakfast?", Peter asked.

Aria smiled cheekily. "I will take you up on that offer".

"Brilliant".

Sort of a short filler chapter