Untwist It

I kissed Mike, or so I what I imagined. We were still sitting across from each other. He pulled me out of my thouhts by calling my name, though I cannot take my gaze away from the couple just a few seats before us, Brad and Kim, major lip-lock, as if nobody can see them.

For months I thought I was already over him, that it wouldn't hurt as much if ever I see him but I was completely wrong. It still hurts so bad, that I didn't know a tear already escaped my eye until Mike had to wipe it with his thumb.

"Hey." He called. "Are you alright?" He asked as I finally met his eyes, smiling.

"Yes. Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me." I chuckled ever so slightly. "Wanna go to the park and stroll for a little while?" I offered wanting to get out of this place as soon as possible.

As though I know that going into the park may cause a huge fuss about me dating or falling in love or being in a relationship as we all know how the media works, I pushed through it.

Mike paid the bill and helped me stand up, though before we exit the restaurant, I took one last glance at Brad, and there he was, looking at me with a smile plastered on his face. I returned the smile and gave him a faint wave before I clung my arm into Mike's, exiting the place.

"Gosh, I missed being out." I confessed, breathing in. "I already forgot how the world looks so beautiful." I laughed.

"Why?" He asked, stopping in his tracks, leading me to a bench.

"Well, long story short, I haven't been out for 2 months only when I have a writing session and that's just in the studio or another writer's place."

On the park we went, ice cream in our hands as we stroll, asking each other questions. Getting to know the other better. Plainly having a good time before he took me home.

"So, I have a game tonight and um, it would mean so much if you'll go and watch." He smiled. We were standing by the front door, after reaching my house at 4 in the afternoon.

Of course, I went and watched him live for the first time, cheering loudly for him. It wasn't the last either. I've been to a lot of his games, watching him kick-butt as i'm about to do later tonight, only this time it's with our two bundles of joy, Toby and Charlotte.

And as i'm telling you this story, my sweet, little angels must be starving upstairs, so i'm gonna go and leave you all with this fairytale ending to enjoy.

10 years later, I'm blessed with a beautiful, wonderful, perfect and before I forget, hot hockey-husband, a seven-year-old hockey star and a four-year-old all-American girl (or should I say half?) This is the family that I have always wanted, what i've always dreamt of. It's what I thought i'm going to have with Brad 10 years ago but I was still immature then, sure I know the difference between what's right and what's wrong, but hey, we all get lonely sometimes, and during those sometimes, instead of using your mind to think, you use your heart and that's what I did. I made myself get carried away with my feelings and make that mistake but we all learn from our mistakes. It's what teaches us the best and unforgettable lessons in life and i'll never forget mine. Though I never regret anything that happened starting from that day Brad and I first went to that restaurant to the day I found out I can't have kids and broke up with him. Not even the times where I thought i'm carrying the world on my shoulders, thinking of how would I live life without Brad, because as Jennifer Aniston said,"There are no regrets in life, just lessons." Though sometimes I still wonder how would my life be if that never happened, if I just simply walked inside my house when he tòok me home that night. Would I have met my husband and have kids? Now I know you're wondering how I had kids, they weren't adopted, I both carried them for 9 months in my belly, I don't know what happened either knowing the fact that a doctor told me I am not going to be able to conceive but here I am, watching them grow slowly right in front of my very eyes with the help of Mike.

Brad is still Brad ☺ We never see each other as often, only during award shows or music fests but aside from that, nothing. We text each other sometimes, asking about each other's children and spouses. He told me that their house is now a bit quieter with Huck going off to college and Jasper to middle school which only leaves him and Kim with their ten-year-old daughter, Chloe. But other than that, they were very happy. Kim eventually quit acting after having their third child but Brad still does music and I doubt that he'll quit.

"Good morning Mommy!" That's the perky voice of my 4-year-old ringing throughout the house, in the arms of my husband with Toby trailing behind them. "Good morning, sweetie." I replied, Mike kissing me on the forhead, a raspy "Good morning, princess." Coming out of his mouth. "Good morning, baby." I answered, chuckling.

I picked Toby up, messing with his dirty blonde hair, as his hazel eyes still seems a little bit sleepy. "How's my little man?"

Wrapping his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulders. "I don't want to go to school, mommy."

"Well, guess what? You don't have to, today." I answered rubbing his back.

"Care." Mike said giving me a stern look

"Oh come on, its just one day. He'll catch up in no time."

"You're crazy." Mike laughed, going over to the dining table sitting Charlie on her chair and sitting on his as I followed behind him.

"Oh, you love me."

Just then the door bell rang, instantly bringing up a smile on my face and Charlotte sprinting towards the door. "I get it, I get it!"

"Hey Charlie!"

"Aunt Cathy!" My daughter squealed, thrusting her hands forward to Catherine.

And Toby, well he is already running towards Bryce behind Catherine. "Hey buddy!" Bryce crouched down on Toby's level.

"You two are just in time for breakfast." Mike called.

"Well aside from missing you guys so much, we also have an announcement to make." Catherine started after breakfast as we were all gathered on the living room floor with Charlotte's toys scattered all around us and by all I mean, Cathy, Charlie and me. The boys are at the backyard, doing Lord-knows-what.

"You're pregnant!?" I instantly shouted. Making Charlie's head shoot up. "Mommy, what pregnant?" She asked nosily.

Catherine laughed, pulling Charlotte on her lap. "Cathy what pregnant?" Charlotte creased her brows, making Cath laugh more. "It's nothing, baby." She answered my daughter before turning to me. "Are you ever gonna let me finish?" She laughed, showing me her left hand, a ring on her finger.

"You're getting married?!"

Cath nodded, fanning her face as if it will prevent the tears from spilling down her face. "Mommy what married?" Charlotte piped in again only to have more follow up questions. "Why's Cathy crying, mommy?" She asked again, wiping Catherine's face with her hands.

The day progressed fast nd before I know it, I was on the Bridgestone arena cheering for my husband with two 25-year olds with me carrying my children.

Catherine and I were still that close, he became close eventually with Mike and now with my kids. I never noticed time flying by so fast up until this moment when I took a glance at the couple with my children on their arms cheering. It's been 10 years. 10 wonderful years. Looking at Catherine, she grew up with me until they had to move for her parent's work 2 years ago, but she constantly visited with Bryce. I snapped out of my trance with my children hugging me. "Daddy won!" They chanted.

That night we had dinner together and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't feel more blessed. This is how I untwisted my twisted mind 10 years ago.