The Future.

"Carrie!" I heard someone call. A familiar voice actually, though maybe I was only imagining it so I continued on picking up chips for Toby and Charlie. "Carrie!" I heard again and this time, I turned around to see who it was.

Brad was pushing his cart over my way. "Carrie, hi!" He says out of breath. Just then I felt my heart pounding. I never thought that after 20 years it'd still be like this.

"Brad! How are you?" We exchanged, short awkward hugs. "It's been so long!"

"Well being on mid-fifties doesn't suck that bad." He laughed. I missed hearing his laugh, the laughs we will share with a circle of friends everytime we hang out. "How about you?

"Well being 45 doesn't suck that bad either, though Toby is almost about to go to college and Charlie is growing up too fast." I replied.

"Trust me, I think Kim was worst when Chloe went off to college." Brad laughed. "So are you alone?"

"No, Mike is in the meat section." I made a disgusting sound and we both burst out into a laughing fit. "What about you?"

"Kim's in the rest room." He smiled. "Do you wanna grab a coffee at Starbucks? You know us four? Like a double date or something though just drinking coffee."

"Sure! Maybe after this?"

"Good. Meet you both at Starbucks." Brad smiled.

"Okay. I'll text you." I answered, before tunring on my back and continued where I left off.

"Hey, baby." I heard Mike's voice. "You almost done?

"Hey, yeah. You?"

"All done." He smiled. I swear, nothing beats seeing him smile.

"By the way I ran into Brad just a couple of minutes ago and he asked if we wanted to go for a coffee after this and I said yes, is that okay?"

"Of course!" Mike answered placing one hand on the cart and the other on my waist.

"Great." I replied shortly. "We'll just meet up at Starbucks."

After paying and leaving the groceries at the claim and deposit section, I texted Brad, saying we're on our way to Starbucks.

As we were walking through the mall, I spotted a guitar. "Hey, baby. You think Toby will like that?" I asked, stopping in front of the store.

"I think so." Mike answered. "But didn't you just buy him a Ukelele last week?"

"I did, but that's a guitar, it's different from a Ukelele."

"I know, all I'm saying is that maybe you are quite a bit spoiling him?" Mike draped his arm on my shoulder.

"But, I mean, he does good at school, I just. I don't know." I looked down. "Am I?"

Mike nodded. "But you know what, if you really want to buy him that, you can." He smiled. "But promise me this is going to be the last time."

"Promise." I gave him a peck on the lips before sprinting towards the store.

When I came out, Mike is grinning like an idiot. "What?" I asked.

Mike just shook his head, taking the guitar from my hands and kissed my temple.

"Obviously, I bought a case and aslo a band, a capo and a pick." I smiled. "Because as far as I remember, I still have my tuner at home." I laughed.

"No wonder why Toby's such a Mama's boy." He laughed.

By the time we reached Starbucks, Kim and Brad are already inside, waving at us. "Hi!" Kim greeted. Giving me and Mike a hug and so did Brad.