Starts With Goodbye Part II

I immediately ran out of my car and went straight to the girl who got hit by the truck. The truck also hit the post, probably because he swerved to avoid hitting the girl but he still did.

"Oh My Goodness." i mumbled.

The girl's bleeding from the head and the truck is blocking the road. I called an ambulance. People are starting to crowd. Car horns are starting to blow up. Few minutes later the Police arrives then the ambulance. They took both the girl, which i think by her body composure  is  about 15 to 17, and the truck driver. The driver seems to have severe damage. You can tell that by the state of his truck.

The windshield's broken. The car door looks like it's been hit by a Louisville slugger for a hundred times. The headlights are still on. There's a huge smoke and the horn is freaking  loud.

I rode back to my car and followed the ambulance to the hospital. Yeah i followed the ambulance. I can't stand leaving the girl alone. My conscience would just bug me and won't let me sleep. I know it isn't any of my fault but how can you let someone, especially a teenager, without anyone to accompany her.

When I arrived at the hospital she's already in the emergency room. By the way I got her bag. I looked for an I.D. or anything that'd help me contact her parents. I found her I.D. and it states that her name is Ella Green, but there aren't any contact numbers. I got her phone and found a number labeled "Mom" so i dialled it.

"Ella! where the hell are you? We've been looking for you all day!" the other line said.

"uhmm hello, Mrs. Green. This is Carrie Underwood and your daughter, Ella is in the hospital. She got hit by a truck, i'm so sorry." i replied.

"Oh my goodness! what hospital are you in?"

"We're at St. Luke's Medical Hospital."

"okay, i'll be there in 20, thank you Cathy!"

"uhmm it's not Cathy, it's --"

"toot toot toot."

yeah, she cut me off. Anyways i'll just wait for her for the doctor might get out anytime soon and tell some news. Then by the time she gets here, maybe I can go home and rest.

"Ms. Underwood?" the doctor comes out.

"Yes? How's Ella?"

"Ella's fine now. We already transferred her to her room,  but she's still unconscious. Lucky enough, she Didn't lose a lot of blood but we still need to put a bandage around her head."

"oh okay, thank you. But when is she gonna wake up?" i asked.

"We're still not sure but we're expecting her to wake up tomorrow. Do you have any more questions?"

"thank you. and no that would be all."

"No problem, miss Underwood. You may now get in her room."

I got inside Ella's room. I'm still waiting for her mom. it's been 15 minutes since I called her so she'll probably be here anytime soon.

Next thing I know, someone busts the door open. I got a little nervous at first but it is Ella's mom. She's been breathing heavily.

"Oh my God, Cathy?." she asks as she enters the room. I didn't correct her anymore. Ella's the important thing here.

"yes, Mrs. Green. Ella's fine now." I say and explained everything to her.

"Thank goodness. hey! you didn't tell me you're Carrie Underwood! my daughter's a big fan of yours and I mean Huge.!" she said.

"really? so that means i have to come back tomorrow when she wakes up." i replied.

"you'd do that? thank you so much! my daughter would be the happiest. "

"awww. yes I will. Now i have to go."

We exchanged numbers first so I can call her and check on Ella tomorrow. ugh. i'm so tired. Next thing I know, i'm on my driveway.

I immediately opened the door and surprises to see Brad sitting on the couch.

"Carrie! where have you been? i'm so worried about you!" he says whilst standing up and about to hug me but I just stood still. I did not return his hug or anything.

"None of your business. Now go home because i'm tired and I wanna sleep." I said as I make my way upstairs.

"I think you're mad at me. why?"

"YOU THINK?! BRAD YOU CHOSE YOUR WIFE OVER ME WHEN YOU JUST SAID YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE ME! HOW CAN I NOT BE MAD? YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVE AND YOU'LL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR ME BUT WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T EVEN STOP ME FROM RUNNING AWAY." I exclaimed as tears fall down my face.

"Carrie, I love you and i'll always be here for you. It's just that I have kids with her. I can't just leave them alone. I didn't stop you because I know that you wouldn't let me."

"well, you could've just tried so I'll feel that i'm important to you!"

"I'm sorry Carrie, okay? I'm sorry." he says as he kisses me.

You don't know how much I want to kiss him back. Because his kisses makes me forget all my problems. How much I want to hug him. How i wanna be held by his arms.  But i'm just mad.

"Brad!" i said as i pulled away. "You can't just kiss me and think that everything will go away. Just go home to your wife. oh and you know what, you can just kiss her and make love with her and don't ever come back here"

"Carrie, we aren't doing THAT for years."

"oh...so you're just using me, huh?"

"Carrie, no! I love you and that's true. You are my life. You are my world. You are my everything " he says as he looks me straight in the eyes.

i'm getting lost again into those beautiful brown eyes.  I felt his lips crashing into mine. Then one thing led to another and then BAM! you know what happened.

We laid in bed and cuddled.

"Brad, how did you get here?"

"I drove here, care."

"No, I mean, how about Kim? Does she know you're here?"

"No because I told her that i'm just gonna sleep in the living room and she sleep 9. the bedroom but i couldn't sleep so I snuck out and went here."

"oh, I see. uhmmm. Brad?"

"hmm?"

"do you really love me?"

"Of course Carrie! I love you to the moon and back!"

"awww. I love you too Brad." then he kissed me on the forehead then I drifted off to sleep.

I guess he really does love me. I guess.