PROM NIGHT

"I've got everything set in my room!" Cath yelled.

"Your room?" I chuckled.

"Okay, your guest room." She laughed. "I always sleep there so I've got the right to claim it mine!" She said going inside the room leaving me here downstairs preparing brunch.

"Sure you can." I walked over to the counter, getting the plates, placing it on the table. "The food's ready!" I yelled just as the doorbell rang.

"Hey!" I greeted Rosa who is standing by the doorway smiling. "Come in! The food have just got finished." I walked over to the counter placing an extra plate on the table.

"You know, I can never thank you enough for everything you've done for Catherine." She said sitting.

"Oh, it's no problem." I smiled at her. "Cath, your Mom's here already!" I yelled again bringing Catherine sprinting downstairs.

"Mommy! I missed you!" She said hugging her mom from the back of the chair, kissing Rosa's cheek.

"Oh, sweetie, it's only been a day." Rosa replied and I can't help but sit there and watch them in awe.

Catherine sat down and started chomping on her food like a little kid who haven't eaten in ages. "Easy on the food kid, you don't wanna get hospitalized on your Prom night!"

Rosa laughed with me, Catherine glaring at me. "I'm hungry stop staring at me."  She replied, chewing on her food.

In the middle of our breakfast, Rosa got a call excusing herself from the table. It wasn't that long 'til she gets back. "It was Jack. Something came up in work so i'd have to leave early." She says placing her plate on the sink. "I'm really sorry Catherine as much as I would love to see how beautiful you'd look today, work is important too and I can't leave all the problems to your Dad." She continued, kissing Cathy on her temple.  "I'm really sorry. Carrie, please take care of my little girl." She finished with "Thank you." and left.

I glanced at Cathy, the once very bright and smiling face turned into an omnibus cloud, sad and lonely, tears forming in her eyes. "Hey." i put my hand over hers. "I know you miss them, but you know how important work is for them." I rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand.  "C'mon, cheer up, young lady. There's a big day ahead of you, besides Brad will be here any minute now to help." I know how much she adores Brad, so why not? She smiled and nodded.

"It's just that I barely see them anymore. It's either I sleep alone in the house or stay here with you. No offense, It's not that I don't like it her - I love it here, I just want to be with them more often. I miss 'em."

"I know you do, and i'm sure they miss you too, But they're doing their job, working hard for you. It's for your own good too." I smiled. "Now the last thing you wanted to be is to look  stressed." I smirked. "Go march your caboose up there and shower. I'd just be cleaning this up quickly and be there shortly."

"Caboose, really?" She laughed. "THANK YOOOOUUUUUUU!" She said, standing up and hugging me tight.

"Eh, your always always welcome, kiddo!" I replied, wrapping my arms around her. "Now go up before things start to get all mushy." I patted her back.

••|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••||•|••

"What time would Bryce pick you up?" I asked making her sit in front of the vanity.

"About 5:30."