Next step?

I held onto Mama like i never have before. I feel safe in her arms. Like, nothing's ever gonna hurt me. That I can just forget all my problems.

"Carrie, what is up?" she asked trying to pull away from the hug but I just held on tighter.

"Oh Mama, you have no idea. Anyway I miss you soooooooooooo much!!!" I say as I pull away from the hug then repeatedly kisses her cheek squeezing her shoulders.

"awe, I missed you too.. Where's Brad? How is he?"

"really? ask about him and not about me?" I say kidding. "Well, he's in his house of course and i'm not really sure how he's doing." I say sitting on the couch.

"He still lives with his wife? I thought you guys are getting really ser--"

"Ma," I cut her off facing her, holding her hands really tight. She cocks her eyebrows "I.. broke up with him... A month ago." I managed to say as I break down. She holds me close and I rested my head on her shoulder sobbing. "And Kim is pregnant." I say as I cry a bit harder.

≥﹏≤   ╥﹏╥   ≥﹏≤   ╥﹏╥

Mama just sat there, holding me. Rubbing my back to comfort me. This is the release that I needed. I wanted to cry my eyes out for a month but I couldn't. All I did was sit in a corner and try real hard to fight back the tears. Of course, I can't, I always end up crying silently, curled in a ball.

"that's right, baby, Just cry everything out and all those loads in your heart will be lighten up."

I continue to sob with my head resting on her shoulders. This is the comfort that I needed. The comfort that nobody else can give except Mama. She hums and it's just soothing. I can feel myself drift off to sleep. I just stayed like that until the sobs turned into just sniffling. Mama never stopped humming, a few minutes more, I was out like a light.

(๑-﹏-๑)(๑-﹏-๑)(๑-﹏-๑)

I woke up to the luscious smell of... hmm... of vegan pizza. ^o^

I opened my eyes and there's Mama at the edge of the couch looking at me.

"Ma, were you just watching me sleep?" I asked slightly chuckling.

"well, you look so beautiful peacefully sleeping."  Those words, I remember how Brad used to tell me that every morning.

"come on, you're only saying that 'cause i'm your daughter." I replied sitting up.

"that's what you think. Anyway Lunch is ready if you're already hungry." She says tapping my thigh.

"i'm starving." I say pulling Mama's arms as I head to the kitchen. "oooooh vegan pizza, my favorite!" i exclaimed. I saw Mama just smiled at me.

"Mama," I say stuffing my mouth. "Is Dad still mad at me?"

"Honey, he isn't mad at you. He was just carried away with the happenings that day that's why he yelled at you and laid a hand on you."

"oh, I was just thinking of going home before I start to work again and i'm just worried that Dad's still mad at me."

"I repeat.. he's not mad at you. He actually misses you so much because he hasn't talked to you since."

"oh well, I miss him too so much. by the way, when are you planning to leave? 'cause i'm thinking of going together with you." I said smiling.