This is it.

"what is it?" Brad asks.

The anxious look in Brad's face makes me not want to tell him now. I don't wanna break his heart. I don't wanna be the one to break his heart.

"well, uhmm.." I say trying to figure out the right words to say. "I uh..."

"what?" He says as I held both his hands.

"You know how much I love you right? You know how badly I want to be with you. How I want to spend the rest of my life with you. To have a family with you. To grow old with you. You know all those, right?" I say trying to hold back my tears.

"Carrie, you're making me nervous."

"answer me, You know all of those, right?"

"I do. I know all of those. why?" he says letting out a nervous chuckle.

"nothing." I say as a tear falls off my cheek and I quickly turn away to wipe it.

"Carrie, tell me. I know something's wrong."

"Everything's fine, okay? I'm just getting all mushy.. I don't know. You better go home now, It's getting late."

"no, I wouldn't leave unless you tell me what's wrong. I know something's bugging you. You've been quiet all day and now you're telling me these kind of things. come on, Carrie. Just tell me."

"i said nothing's wrong. Now, go home so we can both rest."

"oh-kay." he says as I pull his arms towards the front door.

"goodnigt, Carrie."

"goodnight, Brad. " I say as I kiss him but i pulled away shortly to avoid being seen by my neighbors' prying eyes. And by neighbors, I mean Cathy.

I watched the taillights fade as his truck roared off then shut the door closed. But before I can even lock it, i heard a knock. I looked at the peephole and speaking of the little devil, there she is with a huge grin across her face. I opened the door and she hugged me tight.

"hey there, missy! whaddya want?" I asked forcing a smile.

"well, nothing really, I just.. well I uh I mean.."

"Cath, just say it."

"well uhmm, here's the thing I couldn't contain my freaking self and my feels are shooting through the roof of my house all the way to the stars.." she said talking so fast that I can barely understand what she's saying.

"uh, what?"

"I saw you and Brad kissing again and I just, i, i don't know. i just love Paisleywood to death, okay? BYE. and goodnight!" she says walking off my lawn.

That kid is crazy. Although I wonder how would she react if she finds out that i'm gonna break up with Brad.

Just after I locked the door, my phone buzzed off.

FROM BRAD:

Hey babe, are you sure nothing's wrong?

Just then an idea came to me that maybe I should break up with him via text message. I mean that'd be a lot easier. So i texted him.

TO BRAD:

okay, here's the thing. Brad, i'm breaking up with you.

Minutes after I sent the message, Brad calls me. Should I answer it? Maybe not. I put my phone in silent mode and left it at the console table still ringing before I sat on the couch. It wasn't long til I drifted off.

Minutes later, I was awaken by the loud banging of the door.

"what the heck?" I whispered.

I opened the door and there is Brad standing at the door step. Eyes all red and puffy. He stepped closer to me then I smelled alcohol in him.

"what the hell, Carrie?! are you kidding me?!"

"Brad, you're drunk. Go home." I said stepping back from him but he grabs both my arms. I'm starting to get scared.

"Is it something that I did, or I can't do?"

"Brad, you're drunk." I say. my voice a little shaky.

"i'm not! JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION!" he yells at me.

"It's not. You did nothing wrong."

"then what is it? Do you love someone else? Do you not love me anymore?"

"no! I do not love someone else and neither do I not love you anymore! You're the only I love and I will never not love you Brad."

"Then why would wanna break up with me? Did Kim tell you to?"

"No, she didn't." I lied. I don't want him to get mad at Kim. "It's just, like I always tell you--"

"i'm gonna divorce Kim for you!"

"see, that's not what i want you to do! I don't want to hurt her and your kids. They're all so good to me. I don't wanna break your Kids heart."

"But Carrie, I want to be with you!"

"So do I, we just can't okay?"

"No! Tell me what I need to do for you to stay. Don't leave me Carrie, please." He says crying.

.

"Brad, there's nothing you can do. My decision is final." I answer as hot forms of liquid start to stream down my face.

"Carrie, please.. I can't live without you. I can't. I can't imagine my days without seeing your face. Without hearing your voice. Carrie, please. " He says looking straight into my eyes still crying.

"Brad, no. Just no. And you can still live without me. I know you can. Do it for your kids."

He knelt down and hugged me by my mid thighs "Carrie no, you're the only reason why i'm still breathing. Why I wake up each day. We can work this out. Just don't leave me Care, please." His words made me cry harder.

"stand up." I say and he does. "Brad, as much as I feel the same. We just can't stay together. You're married and what we're doing is wrong. We can't keep doing this."

"that's why i'm gonna divorce Kim!"

"Brad! how many times do I have to tell you that you can't divorce Kim! You have kids and that'll break their hearts. I don't want them to hate me!"

"They're not gonna hate you! "

"Brad! i'm gonna be the reason why their parents aren't together, now tell me how can they not hate me?! It's not as easy as you think."

"It may not be easy but I know we can go through it."

"Brad, listen to me." I say as squeezed his hands tight. "We need to end this, okay? Give your marriage with Kim a second chance. Love her like you used to and be the happy family that you used to. Love them with all your heart. and me? Don't even think about me. Forget about everything we've had. Just give all your attention to your family and don't worry about me. I know it's never gonna be that easy, but things will get better. Everything happens for a reason. We never know what God has in store for our future but what I know is we have to move on with our present and that I have to let you go. You've got your family and they need you."

"But Carrie, you're the one I need."

"Brad, no. Just think of this as a beautiful past and look forward to a better future with Kim and your kids. Who knows, maybe you're gonna have another little one." I say half-smiling.

"okay, I will take what you said. But remember this, I love you and I always will. You will always have a special place in my heart that no one could ever occupy." He says sniffling.

I smiled and said "I love you too, more than anyone could ever know. But we need to move on. okay?"

he nods then kisses me. The last kiss we're gonna have. "Go home now, it's really late." I say.

"so this is it." Brad says.

"this is it." I smiled.

he nods again as I escort him to the door. He pulls out of the driveway and I shut the door leaning on it. I sighed. This is it. Brad and I are no longer together. The thought of it makes me wanna cry. The past weeks have been the best weeks of my life and now it's gone. Out like a light.