Home Sweet Home :)

"Dad! I miss you!" I shouted, leaping into his arms, giving him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, how's my little girl doing?" he asks as I cling into his left arm, walking inside as mom walks ahead of us.

"i'm fabulous." I say sounding like I have no problems at all.

"Glad to hear... well, how are things going on with that Brad?" he asks. Gosh, I couldn't avoid that question, could I?

"Dad, we're not together anymore. And please, I don't wanna talk about it anymore." I replied smiling, sitting on the couch beside him.

"that's fine. And i'm even happier now, hearing that news."

"Not funny in any way, Dad."

"Not, kidding in any way, Care." He said smirking.

"well, as much as I want to sit here with you, I'm tired as poop, so i'm gonna go take a nap first." I said standing off the couch. Dad just smiled at me.

I opened the door to my room, first thing I saw is my very first guitar standing on the the corner on it's guitar stand. I smiled widely seeing my room just as it was after a long while.

"We changed nothing." I hear Mama said. I turned around to see her standing near the door frame smiling.

"yeah.. i'm glad. I miss this place so much!" I said, mom puts one arm on my waist as I lean my head on her shoulders, enjoying the view of my 'ole room.

"You sure do.." she says patting my back. "I know you're tired, just rest." She finished off walking out.

I planted myself on my big, comfy, queen-size bed, closing my eyes. It's so peaceful here, I thought. it wasn't so long 'til I finally drifted off to sleep.

I was walking through a deserted place. Nothing you can see pleasant for the eyes. I kept walking and walking hoping to soon find my way out.

After a long walk I started to get tired and thirsty. Then I saw I guy standing, alone. He turned around and I saw his face.

I ran towards Brad, wrapping my arms around him, crying. He lifts me off the ground and spins me around. A tear escaped his eye then he looked straight into my eyes.

"I love you so much, Carrie. Please don't leave me again."

"I love you so much too and I would never leave you again, promise." I respond closing my eyes, leaning against his chest, feeling him inhale and exhale, hearing the beat of his heart.

He rubs my back making me relaxed. This is the most soothing feeling ever. I can just stay like this forever. He then lifts my face up with his index finger. He leans in closer and closer to me, our lips only millimeters away. I closed my eyes waiting for his lips to meet mine then I felt a slight shaking.

"Carrie..Carrie.. Honey, wake up.. Dinner's ready." I flutter my eyes open and there's mom sitting beside me. I smiled in reply and mom gets up.

"dang, it was just a dream." I mumbled under my breath.

"what?" Mom asked.

"what, what?"i asked.

Mom just smiled and continued walking. I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"what do we have here?" I asked kissing my dad's cheek then sitting on my old spot.

"Your mom cooked pasta for you and steak for us. But if you want to, you can also have steak." Dad teases.

"You know I don't eat meat."

"that's why I said 'if you want to'" Dad says laughing.

After dinner, mom and dad are in the living room watching TV and talking. The curious me can't help but eavesdrop on their conversation.

Dad: My little girl's all grown up now.

Mom: I know, I remember those times where she'll sit on my lap and i'll rock her to sleep.

I start to get teary-eyed so I interrupted them.

"y'all are getting so mushy." I said giggling, whilst laying on the couch. My head resting on Mama's lap and my legs resting on my Dad's.

Mom starts brushing my hair with her fingers. "We just miss that little Carrie who used to run around the house playing with the dogs." Dad says.

"aww Dad, do you want me to run around the house right now playing with the dogs?" I said laughing. They both laughed with me.

Dad and Mom focused on the news with Mom still brushing my hair which makes me sleepy.