Get Out Of This Town

Today I woke up by the sun peeking through the blinds. I'm not expecting Brad to be by my side since he just snuck out last night. I understand that, of course. I need to accept these consequences of being a .. a.... mistress? yeah. As bad as it sounds, i need to get used to it, I guess. Because that's what I really am.

Anyway, today I need to get back to work and write songs for my next album. That way, my mind would go off thinking about Brad, maybe. How about I write a song about us? nah! that'd be a bad idea.

It's 8:30 in the morning when I decided to get out of bed. I need to be at the studio at 11 so I still have a lot of time. But first things first, Ace and I need to have breakfast. I'm starving, since yesterday all I ate was pancakes and popcorns because of the accident. oh shoot! That accident!! I'm supposed to go back to the hospital and check on Ella. I can't believe I forgot about that.

I tossed some eggs on the pan and gave Ace his food. I took a shower and slid on some jeans, a white tee and a matching scarf. I put on a little make-up and curled my hair then dialed my manager's number. I need to reschedule work because I think i'd be spending the whole day with Ella and her mom.

After a long conversation, my manager already agreed. I immediately went out and drove to the hospital and headed straight to Ella's room.

"Good morning Mrs. Green." i greeted with a huge smile on my face.

"Good morning Ms. Underwood. and please call me Amy. I feel old when i'm called Mrs. Green haha." she said slightly chuckling.

"oh and likewise Mrs. Green, I mean Amy. call me Carrie. i'm not used to being called Ms. Underwood. it's too formal." i said as we sat down on the chairs.

"okay Carrie. by the way, thank you very much for coming here today. It really means a lot and it'd mean the world to my daughter. thank you."

"aww.. no worries Amy. it's my pleasure! Anyway how is she?"

"The doctor said she's gonna wake up soon.. so you're just right on time." she says as the doctor enters the room.

"Mrs. Green and oh Ms. Underwood. Ella's gonna be awake in a few. I'm here to tell you a few reminders. She may not be able to remember you or anything that happened before the accident but don't worry, it wouldn't take so long before she does. and it's best to tell her honestly what happened to refresh her mind. It will help her recovery a lot."

"oh okay, Doc. thank you."

"now, if you'll excuse me." The doctor says as he exits the room.

"Out of curiosity and if you don't mind, what really happened yesterday? you said you were looking for her all day. I mean, did you fight or something?"

"To be honest, Carrie. We had a huge fight yesterday. We've been fighting for days already. I'm asking her to break-up with her boyfriend because he's been a bad influence to my daughter. He smokes, drinks a lot and does drugs. I mean, how can I let my daughter be with a guy like that? But she wouldn't agree with me. She said she loves him very much. But I just can't stand seeing my daughter's life go to waste. His father and I raised her well and did everything we can to make sure she lives a good life. So we were feuding yesterday until she gets her things and stormed out. "

"Oh I see. I get your point a lot, Amy. I mean I'd do the same if I was on your shoes. Don't worry, I'll talk to her about that and convince her to do what's right. Let's just hope she listens to me." i say with a grin.

"I couldn't thank you enough, Carrie. And she will probably listen to you. She listens to everything you say on TV and every advice you give. She looks up to you so much that sometimes I get jealous because she tells you "I love you" even if she's just watching you on TV when she couldn't even hug me. She just loves you so much Carrie."