Kageyama Route:|Ch.1

This takes place right where we left off before the routes started, on the coach ride home from the training camp. Please note: none of the routes interlink with each other.

"So? What are you going to do? Stay or go to England?"

Akari looked down at the phone in her lap. The boys were all staring at her and she could feel one gaze especially piercing holes through her but she ignored it.

"I need some time to decide, Suga-senpai," Akari muttered even though she had already decided what she wanted to do. It was simple, really. 

"O-okay," the boys all sat back in their seats and a sombre atmosphere settled onto the coach.

Akari felt the worried glances every so often and couldn't sink further into her seat. 

She really hoped this ride would end soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, it did. Akari practically leapt out of her seat, pulling her luggage from the cubby and dashing out of the doors as soon as the doors of the Karasuno coach swung open.

No one came after her and she sighed, relieved that she would not have to answer any of their questions until Monday.

Before she could tell any of the boys anything, she needed to speak to her family.

Her grandfather opened the door and Akari saw the knowing in his eyes, he didn't look disappointed the way she had expected though.

"You're not going, are you?" He picked her luggage up and began walking into the house. Akari had to run to keep up with him.

"No, if that's okay with you."

"It's okay with me."

"Why?"

" I want to see what happens with you and that boyfriend of yours."

"What? I don't have a boyfriend. What are you talking about?"

Her grandfather dropped her luggage and the two of them walked straight to the kitchen.

"That boy with the black hair and blue eyes. Oh, don't look at me like that! We ALL know how you feel about black hair and blue eyes," he began to cook as Akari sat on one of the stools.

Just as fast as she had slumped into it, she jerked out of the seat, "are you talking about Kageyama?! There is NOTHING going on between the two of us! Just 'cuz he has black hair and blue eyes!"

"Oh please. Don't you lie to me, young lady. You don't think I see the way you look at him? Or the way he worried about you when you fell down those god-forsaken stairs? He didn't let go of your hand once!"

"That's because he's a nice-"

"What's going on over here?"

"Keishin. Are you okay with Akari not going to England?"

"Gramps, are YOU okay with her not going?" He leaned on the doorframe.

"Of course I am. You're the one to worry about?"

"Me?! The only reason I even asked Akari to go was because of you. I thought you'd be disappointed."

"Disappointed? Goodness, my grandchildren don't know me at all. I'm ecstatic she's not going," he said all this with a straight face.

"You don't want her to become a world-renowned coach?"

"What I want is for her to stay in one place for a while and not run off when she's scared! I want what makes her happy!"