Kageyama Route:|Ch.4

"I knew you guys would be here. I TOLD YOU ALL TO REST TODAY!"

Akari screeched as she found almost every single Karasuno member practising in the gym. She had to practically drag every member out of the door and the second, she moved away from the door, they all rushed back inside.

"I hate you all. Alright, do what you have to. I'm going to nap on the bench-wait, Kageyama isn't here?"

"He said he would be visiting a friend today."

Akari raised a brow.

"I know, shocking. Kageyama has friends outside of us," Tanaka grinned.

Well, that was that. As Akari lay on the bench, she felt her phone vibrate. Who the hell was texting her? Normally, she was the one to initiate conversations. 

When Akari checked her phone, she wasn't actually surprised. Here was someone who had been bothering Akari for months and months on end.

'Shortcake-chan! I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Dress pretty~'

'I hate you. What is that you want, Oikawa-senpai?'

'I wanted to say Hi. Iwa-chan says hello too.'

'In that case, say hello to Iwaizumi-senpai for me.'

'WHAT ABOUT ME? :('

Akari muted her phone and stuffed it into her pocket, before dozing off, half-splayed on the bench. 

~~~~~~~~

"I'll see you all tomorrow. Remember, it doesn't matter if we don't win. It does matter if you don't try your best to win," Akari waved the boys as she made her way home. 

She knew everyone was probably stressed and excited, but the fact that Kageyama hadn't shown up worried her. He would normally be only second to Hinata. It wasn't normal to see Hinata being the first one there and not having anyone to race.

If anything, she hoped whatever was going on, he would be okay for the game tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got here as fast as I could! Where is he?"

"He hasn't arrived yet! I don't know what's going through his head!"

"How long do we have till we leave?"

"10 minutes."

"Dammit. Okay, you guys go on ahead. Tanaka-senpai. I need you to make a call for me." 

Daichi and the third-years shared uneasy glances.

"Don't worry, I'll get him there on time."

"Akari, if you can do anything to you know, help. Please do, because this has to do with you."

"Of course, don't worry about Asahi-senpai. Off you guys go then!"

Tanaka stayed behind.

"Where to?"

"Here, in 10 minutes."

"Got it. We're counting on you."

"Don't count further than 10."

Tanaka climbed on the bus and they were off, leaving Akari staring.

She was stood at the entrance of the school so the second the coach was out of sight, she ran to the other side of the building.

As she stopped in front of the gym, she heard the familiar sound of shoes squeaking against the floorboards and a ball bouncing off of it. She slammed the doors open and Kageyama froze, the ball falling out of his hands.