Ch.7:| the one where she teaches them something

Akari sat on the bench watching the boys gasp for air. She'd made them do 30 laps, 100 push-ups, 100 press-ups, 250 starjumps and 50 burpees. Then she'd made them play 5 sets, threatening to make them re-do the whole thing if they didn't play properly. All in the span of 2 hours. She felt bad as she watched the sweat dripping off their faces, so she helped out with getting towels and water to them. 

"Tired?"

They shook their heads.

"I know you must hate me, but my grandfather used to make me do double the amount when I was 11 years old. Although I suffered, I promise it really will help you."

Hinata had a lot of energy so she'd worked him harder and he ended up puking. This was the first time his athletic prowess had run out which was good. He needed to understand his limits.

"Hey, you okay?" Akari sat next to him on the floor and rubbed his back. The poor boy looked like he was going to puke again. 

The boys were completely out of it, unaware of anything or anyone else. Akari went to each member and did her best to help them. She rubbed Hinata's back, massaged Asahi's legs, and brought the feeling back in Tsukishima's and Kageyama's hand. She gave the boys ice-packs to help with their muscles and had helped Nishinoya with wrapping his legs in bandages to keep them from falling off.

"Gomenasai, I didn't realise I'd pushed you so hard. I'll treat you guys to some food and ice cream." Although she was doing it for them, she couldn't help but worry. They all looked horrible.

She was going to need a whole lot of money to feed them if she wanted to make them feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akari walked from school with the boys. Kiyoko had some unattended work and Yachi's mother was waiting for her at home so the boys walked silently.

Had she broken their spirits whilst training them? Even Tsukishima hadn't resisted when she took them to the nearest place to eat.

They all sat at the table looking glum. It was if they thought they weren't good enough and were slowly beginning to self-deprecate.

So she ordered 200 dollars worth of food for them. When it arrived, eyes lit up slightly but no words were spoken. She fed them to her best ability and sent them all home, worrying about their dazy states.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Akari, what's wrong?"

"I did the 'Training From the Underworld' session with the team today and they looked like their cats had died. Collectively. I fed them about 200 dollars worth of food and they still looked like someone had run them over with a truck."

"Oof. That must have been tough for them. Of course, anyone would feel like trash after a session like that. When gramps used to make us do it, we would eat 200 dollars worth of food alone. Then we would eat everything else and sleep for hours. They'll be sore but if you keep doing it with them, they'll get used to it. The results will be amazing. Maybe you should do it with them."

"I could do that..........but the thing is I did half and they all looked ready to cry."

"Oh, don't be silly. They'll be fine tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~

Akari was once again stressing the next morning, as she made her way to school. Whenever she saw any of the team members, they all looked so tired. She had really tested them, hadn't she?

Well, it was for the best. They would start seeing results in a week. 

And once the boys reached their full abilities, they'd have the power to take down the whole volleyball industry.