Ch.3:| The one where she has an interesting day.

"AKARI!"

Akari groaned. She rolled around in her bed out of anger and managed to make herself fall off the bed. And as she heard her grandad's stomping, she did the first thing her half asleep brain could think of. She rolled under the bed and truth be told, she was slowly suffocating but that was better than going to school.

School. When was the last time she had woken up this early to go to school? In England, she woke up at around 7.30 but it was barely dawn.

"Akari?"

She held her breath.

"I know you're under there."

She was insane for moving back into the Ukai household. Her brother wouldn't have even realised. Yet her Grandpa had to be the one to wake her up.

"Gramps."

"Akari. Get up, you little-"

"OKAY! I'M UP!"
She was so annoyed. She had barely slept all night and now she had to deal with people who judged her for being in a bad mood because she was tired. Was she constantly meant to be chirpy?

"Akari. I don't know what you're conspiring down there but make it quick. I've made waffles."

"......."

And she was up.

~~~~~~~
Her grandpa could be so weird sometimes. He was constantly serious but he made her waffles?
She wasn't complaining but it was odd her grandpa would make something so unhealthy. Eating anything unhealthy was practically taboo. Whilst Keishin was M.I.A, her gramps would be helping to take care of the shop. Not only was she meant to be a coach and a student but also a shopkeeper. She would be extremely busy.  So she took her opportunity and ate as many waffles as she could.

"Slow down. You might choke."

"I wish."

"So Keishin tells me you're coaching Karasuno."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

And then her grandpa took the nearest thing he could find, which was his styrofoam slipper and threw it at her.

"OWWWWW, GRAMPS!"

~~~~~~~
Akari walked to school with a big bruise on her forehead. She hadn't remembered just how beautiful Japan truly was. Summer was beginning to roll around and although it was still May, the heat was intense. (if you read the last chapter I said it would be the Winter Cup but I've changed it to the Summer Cup because Summer means more drama. XO so it is May. Okay carry on.)

The flowers were in full bloom, the trees swayed with the slight breeze and the sky was a stunning blue. It was beautiful. Yet Akari couldn't truly relax. She was on edge. She was starting a new school in the middle of the year and her uniform. Goddammit.

It was uncomfortable. Too tight and too short. All those girls were amazing for being able to wear such clothing that was so small, it was practically underwear. She didn't understand how they could manage. Not to mention, her leggings were beginning to chafe under that ridiculously short skirt. This was going to be an interesting day indeed. In England going to college meant you could wear whatever you want but in this particular school, they still had uniform rules. 

~~~~~~~~

Akari arrived at the school. It was an average school, nothing special.  Smacking her cheeks, she nodded her head in determination. 'You can do this, Akari. As long as you don't scream, swear or cry, it will be a good day. You got this.' Akari walked into the schools and felt everyone's eyes turn to her. She scratched the back of her head, a nervous habit and looked for her homeroom.