Ch.26:|the one where...LIGHTS OUT!

I guess this is part two of the KenmaxOC chapter?

Akari and Kenma walked in silence, the only sounds coming from the cat purring in Kenma's eyes. 

"Let's give her a name!" Akari broke the silence and Kenma looked at her blankly as if he still had not registered what she was saying.

"Mari, Rima or Aken," he mumbled, turning his head away from Akari.

"I like Rima! That's a cute name!"

Kenma smiled and Akari wondered how he came up with it but decided against asking. They had found the basement by using the maps and were now on their way down there. 

After walking in silence for about 20 minutes, Bokuto's voice broke the silence. The groups had all decided to mute themselves so Akari was able to communicate with them but not the other way around. However, Bokuto once again did the opposite.

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"No."

"AKA-AKA!"

"Um Coach Akari," a boy from Aoba Johsai with pointy hair spoke. Akari remembered him as the one who used to be Kageyama's old teammate in middle school....Kindaichi?

"Yes Kindaichi-san?"

"O-oikawa senpai is asking why you keep ignoring him and Iwaizumi-senpai would like to know if your ankle is okay," he was looking between the phone and either side of him. Akari could spot both subjects' arms just out of view of the camera.

"I see, are they forcing you to ask me this Kindaichi-san?"

"N-no."

"I see, please pass the phone on to Oikawa-senpai," Akari's voice was cold, her eyes full of steel.

"Y-yes? Shortcake-"

"Oikawa-senpai, please do not force your teammates to do things they are uncomfortable with doing. And I am not ignoring you, I'm just trying to listen to everyone and I believe you've had your fair share of conversations with me. Now, Iwaizumi-senpai please."

Iwaizumi's face showed up on camera but he was avoiding looking directly at the screen. 

"My ankle is fine thank you, I've got enough support." Akari raised the hand that was holding Kenma's, their tangled hands clear on the screen.

Iwaizumi seethed, and his eyes darkened. Akari wondered if it was the wrong thing to say.

"Anyway, everyone we're nearly in the basement so hush."

Kenma dragged Akari's arm as they got closer to the large metal doors which swung open. Cobwebs and dust had accumulated on them clearly showing that they had not been used in a long time. Suprisingly the inside was clean and plain with all sorts of things to provide safety. Akari had decided it would be easier to find a key rather than look for the system to unlock all the doors. Sure, they would have to unlock each door separately but it was a start.

"Look there!" Akari pointed to a large golden key covered in a glass box which was attached to the wall. Akari let go of Kenma's hand and instantly missed the warmth. As she hopped over to the box, pulling off one of her wedged boots, she thanked her choice in shoes. Her shoes were sharp enough to break the glass.

Akari smashed the back causing the cat to scream in 'meows' and Kenma took a sharp step back. Akari covered her face with her arm and felt a piece of the shattered glass pierce into her arm.  It stung but she ignored the pain as she pulled the key out of its socket.