Oikawa Route:|Ch.2

"Senpai! You can't just- okay well you just did."

Oikawa shoved the doors of Karasuno High's gym doors, causing everyone to freeze. Iwaizumi glared at Oikawa and then turned his attention to Ushijushi. Did they really have to do this right now?

"Ushiwaka."

"I see you've come to Karasuno," Tendou grinned next to his olive-haired friend who stared at Akari.

Oikawa stepped in front of Akari despite her protests and crossed his arms.

"Senpai! What are you doing here?"

"What is he doing here?" Oikawa pointed at Ushijima who glowered.

"Don't you think you're the one intruding, Oikawa?"

Akari felt as if those words had a double meaning she couldn't discern. Before Oikawa could say anything, the Karasuno third-years hooked their arms under his armpits, dragging him out, his legs kicking out and yelling threats.

As Iwaizumi slammed the gym doors after them, Akari sighed.

"Does he barge in whenever he wants to?" UshiGushi strode over to Akari, who had to stretch her neck to look up at him. His olive eyes were dark and his mouth was grimmer than usual.

"No not really. I don't know what's gotten into him. Nor do I know what has gotten into you. Please focus on volleyball, not your childish arguments with other teams."

"You should have come to-"

"You should go back to Shiratorizawa if you love it so much," Akari smiled sweetly and went over to Hinata and Kageyama who were whispering back and forth with Tanaka and Nishinoya.

"Alright, enough chit chat. We've had enough drama for the day-"

"FOUFDOIHFIEWFPIEWJF[OD-WDOJFBIEFHPIEFH!"

A loud yell came from outside. Akari turned towards the doors expecting Oikawa to come marching in. 

After a split second of silence, the sound of glass smashing echoed through the gym hall. Akari's eyes widened as she saw an object come flying towards her.  It flew through the window and was spinning towards her. 

Too busy trying to figure out what it was, Akari didn't seem to realise the danger of the object when in an instant she did.

She had no choice, really. It smacked her straight in the nose.

"OOF!" Akari stepped back, the force of the object nearly knocking her over.

And all of a sudden, UsherTheJusher was holding her up. Akari pulled herself free from his hold and stared at the object on the floor.

It was a converse shoe. A very large male shoe. 

Someone had just thrown a shoe through the window and hitten her in the nose!

"Akari-chan! Your nose! It's bleeding!"

Only then did she feel the warm liquid trickling down her nose and chin. She touched her fingers to it and upon pulling them away, there was indeed red on them.

"Ow. That hurt. A. LOT."

Tanaka laughed nervously, "Akari, Akari. Let's get your nose sorted out first and then we can be angry later. Okay?"

Akari sighed and raised her head to the ceiling. She could still see UsherJusher peering over her.

She held her nose as the doors to the gym swung open.

"Akari! Are you okay?!"

"Splendid."

"What happened?"

"I think, Oikawa-senpai, that your shoe had an axe to grind with my nose. I think."

"There you go, you idiot. You happy now?"

Akari could practically imagine Iwaizumi smacking Oikawa on the back of the head.

"May I get some tissue please?"

Kageyama shoved a handful of tissues in Akari's face and she glared at him, muttering her thanks.

"Now, what are we going to do about the window, Takeda-sensei?" As she said this, she rolled some tissue to put in her nostrils, truly bringing out her inner walrus.

"It must be fixed. But it will take a few weeks so we cannot use the gym."

A chorus of groans and possible threats were directed at Oikawa who scratched the back of his head awkwardly. He must Akari's gaze but she only looked at him blankly. So she was immensely angry with him then.

"In the meantime..."

"I'll ask coach if you can share with us until it's fixed!"

Iwaizumi turned his head so fast that Akari was sure he had broken it. Oikawa seemed to be ignoring the glares coming his way from his best friend. It was a talent.

Akari walked up to him, "and what do you plan to do if he says no? Surely you cannot accommodate our team and Shiratorizawa? How will you reimburse the damage you caused?"

"I'll pay for it?"

"I believe that would be the best thing to do, don't you think so too Iwaizumi-senpai?"

Iwaizumi sighed, nodding his head.

Akari turned on her heels, "well, you heard the man. Oikawa-senpai will pay for the glass window he broke. If their coach says no, he and his team will give up their gym space whilst our window which he broke is being fixed."

"Hey wait, I said we would share! Not give it to-"

"Everyone please be careful of the glass. For now, take the day off and tomorrow, please wait for me at the Aoba Johsai school entrance at 4 pm," and everyone left.

Akari sighed, "Takeda-sensei, I will sweep this up. Please go do what you need to do."

Takeda nodded and was off, leaving Akari with Oikawa and Iwaizumi. She made her way into the storeroom and grabbed the broom.

She could feel Oikawa glancing at her every so often as she swept up the glass, careful not to step on it. 

"Senpai. Is there something you need to say?"

Oikawa bowed, forcing Iwaizumi to do the same. Akari simply stared. The hell was she supposed to do with his apology now?

"Oi, I didn't even do anything! I told you not to throw your shoe! What kind of idiot throws his shoe when he's angry?"

"Iwa-chan!"

"You can rise," and then she got back to work. Oikawa sighed dramatically.

"Alright! I forgive you! Now, go away!"

"No. I'll wait until you're done cleaning so I can buy you some snacks. I feel bad for the," he gestured at his nose area with a sweep of his hand.

"Duh. It was your fault. I want a meat bun."

Oikawa nodded happily as if he had all the money in the world to spend on her. Iwaizumi, being the gentleman he was, decided to help her. 

"Alright then, buy me some food then will you?"

Oikawa took Akari's much smaller hand in his own and dragged her out of the gym hall. 

"Wait, I need to lock up! Eek! Iwaizumi-senpai, do me a favour and eek!" Akari threw the keys towards Iwaizumi, who caught them shaking his head. 

"Could he make how much he likes her more obvious? And could she be any more oblivious?"