25

Jiwon would never admit it out loud, absolutely never.

What was she supposed to do, scream at Hyunjae? For doing absolutely nothing wrong? Tell him how much she hated that he was on one knee, proposing to someone that wasn't her?

Her heart ached, and she didn't know why.

"Aww, Jiwon looks like a proud mother," Yujin said, grinning. Her hands pointed at her, making Younghoon glance at her. Krista and Eunjung, who were sitting in a nearby table, glanced over.

Younghoon's breath hitched as Jiwon grinned, waving them off, wiping her tears. They looked like tears of joy, yes, but maybe it hid something else.

Pain.

"I'm glad Yuna got what she wanted." Jiwon grinned, chuckling a little. "I feel like a mom."

Right, Younghoon sighed. She's happy.

"Jiwon, may I have this dance?"

-

Yuna grinned so widely as she shook hands with the people around her, congratulating her for her sudden engagement.

"Oh no, I wasn't expecting it one bit!" She laughed, her joy radiating off her like one big bulb of light.

The soft music grew louder, catching people's attention.

Jiwon's arms latched around Younghoon's shoulder's, her head buried in the crook of his neck.

"You okay down there?" He whispered, glancing down at the tiny girl in his arms.

"No. But I'll be fine." Jiwon pulled her head out, looking up at him, all smiles. "I'm a strong girl, you know?"

"What's bothering you?"

Her smile disappeared. "I'm sure you've put it together already," She buried her head in his shoulder again, swaying with the music.

"I have." He sighed. "You feel a little led on, don't you?"

"Yeah. But maybe I was just feeling things that weren't," She sucked in a breath, letting it out. "even there."

They swayed there, in comfortable silence.

Younghoon was suddenly aware of all of his surroundings, the small breaths she took in, the tears she held in, Yujin and Haknyeon dancing their hearts out, and Hyunjae and Yuna, staring at each other, love flowing from their eyes.

"You know, I still feel the same about you."

She sucked in a breath. "Even after I hurt you?"

"Even after you hurt me." He pulled her out of his chest, shooting her a small smile. "I'm still willing to try, only if you are."

"You know, if I don't feel the same-"

He leaned in, "Use me. I'll be okay," his eyes glanced at her lips quickly before pulling away.

"Besides, maybe you'll end up falling for me, yeah?"

-

Hyunjae couldn't deny Yuna was a charming girl, pure, kind, and amazingly stunning.

"I had no idea, you know?" She settled on the bench, her eyes glancing up at the night sky, her eyes glittering. "I thought everything was one-sided." Her head turned to face Hyunjae.

"I know my father's been missing, he's been basically declared dead now, but you and the other gave me a reason," She smiled at him, before turning back up to sky. "A reason to live."

Hyunjae felt bad, he really did. "I hope I can keep being your reason," He quirked an eyebrow at her, smirking a little. "I'll keep trying to find your dad, I promise."

She nodded. "Your amazing." She glanced around, her voice lowering. "C-can I kiss you?"

Hyunjae was taken aback, his breath hitching a bit. "Oh, s-sure."

Her cheeks were slightly pink as she reached her hand out, holding his chin between her fingers as she pulled him closer.

Her eyes flickered down to his lips, and he gulped. She had gotten bolder.

And as much as a good kisser she was, it didn't eliminate the deep, sinking hole in his gut that wouldn't stop bothering him.

-

Happy New Years! 🎉 🥳 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣1️⃣