12

"Hyunjae!" Yuna ran into Hyunjae's arms, her head buried within his neck, arms thrown around his wide shoulders. She was crying, tears staining his expensive, satin suit.

Once again, Jiwon and Younghoon were third wheels, standing there awkwardly while they stared at the couple.

Younghoon and Jiwon sighed, then decided to leave to give them privacy. They were tired of seeing all that lovey-dovey stuff.

The steps of the stairs echoed as they traveled up, going to the rooftop.

Jiwon's hair was messy, lots of loose strands fell out of her fancy hair-do. Her make-up was slightly smudged, her dress was crinkled and a there was a tiny stain from the cake that was served before the presentation.

She was dazzling.

"Off-topic, but you look... pretty." Younghoon sighed, without even realizing it.

Jiwon pushed open the door to the rooftop, the warm breeze rushing through the door, sunlight seeping into the tight confinement of the building.

Jiwon turned to him, laughing . "All of a sudden? Thought you hated me." She chuckled a bit.

Younghoon and Jiwon went over to the edge of the rooftop, staring at the glowing city, basking in the orange gradient of light.

"And then you would suddenly kiss me, because suddenly I'm attractive!" Jiwon smiled. "Thanks though." She completely brushed off the compliment, oblivious to what Younghoon was feeling.

How could she not see?

He sighed in annoyance, brushing his hair back, and for the first time, Younghoon didn't want to make a joke about the way she looked like when she was annoyed, or how that weird piece of hair sticking out of her hair-do made her look like a plant.

Jiwon turned, suddenly aware of his eyes that were glued only on her. "Need anything?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, your hand."

Jiwon tilted her head. "My hand?"

"May I?" He said, reaching for her hand, smiling at her before gently placing a kiss on it.

Did Younghoon think of her as someone more than a partner? Those disgusted glances, those rude remarks- were they all fake? A cover-up?

She mentally hit herself in the head. He was just being nice. Maybe this was a declaration of peace between the two.

"You're welcome for blessing you with my holy kiss."

-

"Go find Jiwon and Younghoon for me?" Yuna said, wiping her tears away.

Hyunjae smiled, kneeling down to her level. "Sure thing." His hands reached up, holding her cheek. She looked so vulnerable, now that her father was missing.

Yuna smiled, as brightly as she could, at him through the tears threatening to spill from her sparkling eyes.

Although she hated being the president's daughter, she's definitely glad that it had led her to meet Hyunjae.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He caressed her cheek once more, before pulling away, leaving her wanting more.

The moment he turned around, his smiled wiped off. Finally, he could get away from her. She was nice, but definitely not his type.

It was so convenient, that she had already fallen so hard for him, so easily. He almost scoffed.

Hyunjae went up the stairs, his hands on the cold rails. Where were those two pesky bodyguards?

He opened the door to the rooftop, the warm air brushing over his face, the sunlight making his skin glow. He smiled. He hadn't felt this happy for some time.

"May I?"

Hyunjae whipped around, Who was there? He creeped towards the sound of the voice. His back pressed against the warm, brick wall.

What was this about?

He peeked around the corner, his eyes widening.

Younghoon had his lips pressed onto Jiwon's hand, the girl looking a little flustered herself, but nonetheless happy.

He didn't know it at first, but his fists tightened, his teeth gritting in response.

What the hell was this?

Hyunjae forced himself to not stomp over there and launch a sucker punch straight at Younghoon's pretty, little face.

Hyunjae made up his mind. He would kill him first, put a gun to his head, sell him to his clients, poison him-

Hyunjae stopped. "Wait, what am I even thinking?" His whispers inaudible, even to himself.

He was going crazy, and it was all because of Jiwon. His eyes landed back on her eyes, wide with surprise. And then, they fluttered shut.

She was grinning, joking with him now. Hyunjae realized what he had been feeling the whole time.

He wanted her.

"No, I'm not going to kill Younghoon because of Jiwon, I'm going to kill him because he's irritating." He said, definitely trying to convince himself.

Whatever you say, Hyunjae.