28

"A fake stamp?" Yujin nodded at her team's confused faces. "How's that gonna work?" Younghoon said, his face scrunched up in thought.

"That's not even the main point." Yujin grinned. "As long as we have a huge crowd, we'll definitely have the upper hand, yes?"

"Care to explain?" Hyunjae said, lifting an eyebrow.

"Oh, right, forgot about that."

-

Crisp and tightened tie, a slick jet black suit, a nice hair-do, and his supposed fiancé completed Hyunjae's outfit.

"Stunning, aren't you?" He said, looking down at Yuna, who shot him a small smile.

"Worried, actually." She looked at him with concern on her face. "We'll really be free after this, right?"

Hyunjae wanted to say yes, but he knew her father might actually want to be President once he saved him, and Yuna would definitely still be the daughter of a President. "I hope so. We'll let the future show us."

Yuna nodded. "I hope so too."

Meanwhile, after pampering herself up, Jiwon had been forced to bring her family along with her.

Her little brother, who had just gotten back from studying in Japan, was basically begging her to let him come to the event, even gaining the interest of her parents too.

"No, Niki, it might be dangero- Mom why are you dressed up? You too Dad?"

"It'll be fun!" He grinned at her. "I'm tired missing out on the fun. Besides, Your mother and brother want to come."

She sighed, running her hands through her hair, glancing at her family who were shooting her pleading looks. "D-don't look at me like that."

"Pleaseee?" Niki said.

She glanced at her watch, realizing how tight she was on time.

"Fine." She sighed, heading for her car as her family trailed behind.

It wasn't because she didn't want them to come, it was because she was scared they might get hurt, if things go wrong.

"Let's hope that doesn't happen." She whispered.

-

"It's freaking huge!" Niki said, staring at the building in front of him.

"Isn't it?" Jiwon said, grinning at her brother in the backseat, his eyes glued to the window. "You act like a child, goodness."

"I'm not a child, I'm 15!"

"So, basically a child."

The car slid into the VIP area, resigned just for her since she threw around the fact that she was "The President's Assistant".

"Go on in and find some empty seats", she said gesturing to the gates that opened to the open field where the event would be happening.

"There's going to be lots of reporters," She stared Niki down, "Don't get lost."

"Yeah, okay." He said, waving her off with a smile on his face.

"Alrighty, I'm off to work," She waved, "Stay safe!"

-

"There's the tiniest chance of success." Younghoon said, his finger pinching the air to emphasize what he meant.

"You just gotta believe," Yujin said, staring at the mirror, fixing her collar before smoothing it out.

"Right, believe." He rolled his eyes. "Let's hope this belief works.

"Ready guys?" Hyunjae emerged, Yuna no longer by his side.

"She's out there?" Younghoon, said glancing at Jiwon in concern.

"Conversing with the guests." He grinned.

Jiwon nodded, a little solemn. "Right, good. Let's get moving shall we? It starts soon." Her fingers landed on the gun strapped under her dress, adjusting it into a more comfortable and more accessible position.

-

Applause rang through the crowd as Hyunjae sat down, his fingers wrapped tightly around the arm rests of his seat. He was getting nervous.

His finger itched as the ring on his finger, the stamp, lay there, its weight suddenly getting heavier.

Of course it looked like the official seal, but it definitely wasn't. It's detailed design was completely different, although very similar, to the original.

It wouldn't be accepted and he prayed that. Mr. Choi wouldn't catch on.

Down in the crowd, Jiwon and Younghoon sat in their special seats, near more acquaintances of Hyunjae and Yuna.

"He's so thoughtful. You'd think he married Yuna just for the president's seat but he's truly in love with her!"

"How adorable. Have you seen the way they look at each other?"

Jiwon crumbled a little bit inside, the feelings of sorrow hitting her again. Hyunjae was never hers to begin with.

"If it hurts to listen to," Younghoon pulled out earbuds, enough to drown out the chit-chat. "Wear these."

Jiwon glanced down at them as they lay in his large hand. "I'm fin-"

She stopped as he pushed her hair aside, sliding them in to her ears. The noise was drowned out to sounds that she couldn't make out.

He smiled softly at her, his hands lingering on her hair before letting go.

"I like you, a lot."

Her head tilted to the side, confusion on her face as she reached up to pull her earbuds out but he stopped her, his hands latching onto hers.

She wouldn't like him back, even if she was able to hear him.

-

When the ceremony started, everybody's eyes were glued to the Mr. Choi, or who they called Kangjoon, as he sat in the front seat, a row in front of Younghoon and Jiwon.

Yujin had been placed on the other side, keeping an eye near the left-side area.

After Yuna's and Hyunjae's speech, he dipped his ring into the red wax, everyone holding their breath as he pressed it onto the parchment paper, the paper that would document and officially make Kangjoon Choi, the President of Korea.

He was called up to stand besides the man and his fiancé, his grin wide.

"I'm pleased to be able to hand over my position to someone who had been such a close friend of the original president. I am certain, you would make a fine leader for our country."

Hyunjae and Yuna smiled before clapping for Kangjoon.

He was looking desperately at the paper in Yuna's hands, itching to hold them as she slowly handed it over.

And now, Hyunjae hoped he could save the President, before Kangjoon realized something was off.