29

Jiwon's eyes were glued to Hyunjae, Yuna, and Kangjoon, scanning where his hands reached, noticing if he caught onto something.

As long as he didn't realize that that stamp wasn't as real as it looked, they'd be fine.

She glanced at her crowd, her family there too. Her brother Niki, mother, and father. Completely oblivious to what was going on as they had wide smiles on their faces, celebrating the inauguration of a new president.

"It's going pretty well." Younghoon whispered, still fiddling with little earbuds he had given to her earlier. She had asked what he told her while she wasn't able to hear but he shook if off, saying it was nothing.

"Yeah, suspiciously well." Jiwon narrowed her eyes at the smiling man, chit-chatting with the President and his Fiancé.

"Oh it's starting!"

Loud music blasted, taking Hyunjae, Yuna, and Kangjoon by surprise.

"Want the earbuds again?" Younghoon said, reaching his hand out to give them to her.

"No thanks, Hoon. I need to hear everything that's going on."

"Alrighty, if you say so."

After a few ceremonial performances, speeches from close friends and the Haknyeon even, it was time for the signing and stamping of approval.

"Let's move."

"Why?" Younghoon said, already standing up.

"Oh, excuse me," Jiwon said, weaving her way around people's legs. "So sorry," Her hands latched onto Younghoon's sleeve, pulling him quickly.

"If we're going to be ready, we need to be on our feet." She whispered back. "And away from the people. We could hurt them, and we definitely wouldn't have enough room to fight."

She headed behind the crowd, a good distance. Her eyes glued onto her family. She felt better being closer to them.

"Good point."

Her hands tightened around the piece of fabric in her hands as Hyunjae wrote his signature, Yuna beside him ready to write hers too. There was no Vice President, since Hyunjae himself hadn't even gone through a full election. It was all miscellaneous and he hadn't been prepared.

"You good? Cause your squeezing the heck out of my expensive suit" His voice had been playful but a hint of worry laced through it too.

"Fine. Just mad we had trusted him so much."Yuna would feel so disappointed, her trustworthy Uncle framed. Haknyeon had been in his room for a few days and Yujin helped him cope with the pain.

"We'll tell her the truth soon, promise."

Mr. Shin had been placed in a high facility prison. As in no one would hurt him, not that he was dangerous. He wasn't in shackles or anything, just being made sure that nobody would find out the current situation. After all of this is over, he'd definitely be free again.

"He's stamping the paper."

Jiwon snapped her head up, suddenly out of her trance. It was really happening.

"We need to get to the meeting room now." She said, replaying the plan that had been carefully planned.

She watched as her family clapped, looking quite happy as it was their first time visiting a political event.

"Gosh I hate politics."

"Oh please, everyone can relate."

-

"Why does everything look so expensive?" Yujin said, already in the room as Jiwon and Younghoon entered.

Haknyeon was busy setting up the flowers, decorating the table that the Hyunjae and Kangjoon were going to be talking at.

"We'll have to leave when they get here." Haknyeon said while Yujin rushed to help him fix the napkins. "Private meeting I guess."

"He'll tell us where the President is right?" Yujin said, nonchalantly.

Haknyeon stopped, his hands suddenly still. "Wait. What?"

"Oh, uh I didn't mean that-"

"If someone knows where the President is," Haknyeon glared at them, "My father isn't the culprit, is he?"

"Yes, he isn't the culprit. But we just need to keep this secret a little longer. He'll be free after we save the President and get Kangjoon arrested, okay?"

"You kept this from me for how long?" He whispered, no longer aiming this at all 3 of them, but only Yujin.

She let go of the napkins, wrapping her hand around him. "I'm sorry. It was for the best."

"They're coming." Younghoon said his head peeking out from the room, closing the door quickly. "Can you compose yourself Hak?"

"Yeah." He shook his head, his face full of determination. "Heck yeah I can."

Yujin grinned. "That's my boy."

"Get ready guys," Jiwon said, her finger clenching around the door knob turning it. "We have to save the President."

-

"Where is he?" Hyunjae's hands gripped at the silk table cloth that had been neatly placed by Yujin and Haknyeon.

"Oh stop talking all business. We can put that off later."

"Cut the crap. I want the President."

"Now I'm the President, you know?" Kangjoon grinned leaning forward. "I served that man for 25 years. It's my turn to be the person getting service."

Hyunjae scoffed. "Tell me where he is."

"Yes, yes I'm getting to that." Kangjoon tilted his head to the side. "What was her name, Jiwon?"

"She has nothing to do with this."

"Well you seem to deeply care for her." He shrugged. "She kept glancing at this one table."

"What about it?" Hyunjae was getting impatient now. "Just give me the President."

"Wait a little more. Anyways, that boy went off to the restroom, and explored a little too far."

"You leave Niki alone." Hyunjae was getting up now, his eyes burning.

"Niki? What a nice name." He smirked a bit, cocking his eyebrow up. "I'll give you a hint as to where the President is. Think about it."

"It's quite convenient, leading the whole security team here, no questions asked and all." He picked up the cup of tea on the table, now gone cold. "And how convenient is it to have the Blue House so big? And my team is the only one that searched every nook and cranny it seems."

He smiled as realization bloomed on Hyunjae's face.

"You were too busy looking around for him," He stopped, trying to emphasize his point, "You didn't even realize he was right where you were all along."

He cocked his head to the side. "And now he's bleeding out somewhere with little Niki by his side."