08

"Don't you have any other officers? I'm in the Blue House and I'm a day-shift officer-"

"There are like, I don't know, 6 other robberies in the area. The dude went on a spree and there isn't enough officers to get everything under control."

Jiwon rubbed the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "Alright, yeah, I'm on my way." She ended the call, before glancing back at the folder.

Making a decision, she opened it quickly, snapping a photo of the front and back of the files, before bolting out of there to wake Yuna and Younghoon up.

-

Yuna yawned, her hand covering her mouth.

"Its 1 AM, why am I at some huge house?"

Jiwon sighed, "Even though we're your personal bodyguards, we are also police officers."

She glanced at her. "No way are we leaving you asleep and vulnerable at the Blue House alone."

Younghoon, nodded, slightly pouting in sleepiness. "Y-yeah.. what she said.."

Jiwon chuckled. "You two stay with those officers." She turned around pulling her gun. "I'm going in."

Yuna and Younghoon started dozing off. "Stay safe.."

Jiwon rolled her eyes, before pointing her gun at the entrance.

"Ready?" Sergeant Han said, sliding next to her. He had kindly decided to come along. "I know we said these robberies are for low-class police, but, this dude is getting on my nerves."

"For real though." Jiwon scoffed in agreement.

She kicked down the door effortlessly, her eyes darting around the huge lobby. "Since when did houses have lobbies?" She mumbled, incoherently.

"I'll go right, you go left." Sergeant Han signaled, his hand pointed to the right.

Jiwon nodded. She was going alone again and she didn't plan on messing up.

Slowly creeping up the stairs, she carefully stepped around the broken glass scattered across the stone floor, which had definitely once held a precious ornament.

The silhouette of a man by the window caught her eye.

He had wires attached around him and he was busy trying to escape, she assumed.

"Don't move."

He suddenly tensed up, before he spun around, effortlessly on the window sill.

"Don't move or I'll shoot."

He stared at her before chuckling, his hands raised up in the air.

"Looks like you caught me, Officer."

He suddenly pointed at her, making Jiwon's hands fly to the trigger.

"Calm down, Love. You just seem familiar." He thought about it for a minute. "Ah, you're that girl who I chucked a vase at." He laughed at that memory.

Jiwon gritted her teeth. What a jerk.

Green lights lit up all over the thief's body, making him glance down at himself.

He sighed. "Back-up this time?"

Jiwon gasped at them. "Who-?"

She turned around, taking her eyes off of the man.

Everyone was oblivious to the man when he pulled out a small capsule.
He threw it and it rolled onto the floor behind Jiwon.

click click clack.

Kaboom.