22

Ringing echoed through the office, nobody glancing at Hyunjae as he stepped out of the office, privately picking up the call to not disturb his co-workers."

"Hello?"

"Its me."

"Mr. Choi! You can't just leave after submitting evidence!" Hyunjae spat as soon as he recognized who's voice that belonged to.

"Nice hearing from you too. So your the new prez now?" Mr. Choi said, not exactly replying to Hyunjae's statement.

"Well yes, I am. What about it?" Hyunjae said, raising an eyebrow.

"I was wondering if you wanted someone like me, experienced, to protect you. Best bodyguard in town right here. I did help you catch the culprit, right?"

Hyunjae groaned silently. "We still need to find Yuna's dad. We don't even know if he truly is the culprit." Hyunjae stopped himself. after all, you could just be playing us.

"We'll find him, no worries. Just interrogate who you have in custody right now."

Hyunjae sighed. "He gave us nothing."

"Well keep trying. I'm on my way from Jeju. I'm your new bodyguard, right?"

He glanced behind him, staring at his team, their heads buried in paper, Younghoon slightly dozing off before Yujin through a pen at his head. If his hunch was right, he would be able to catch the culprit.
Or be the victim.

"Yeah, sure."

"You look quite dashing, Mr. Temporary President." Yujin grinned, elbowing him.

"Well we better find Yuna's dad so I don't become permanent." He glanced at his desk full of papers. "This is hard work."

Jiwon knocked on the door, peeking her head in. "Psst. Mr. Choi's here."

Hyunjae nodded, his smile gone. "Ah, more business awaits." Mr. Choi walked in, his suit crisp and his hands inside of his pockets.

Hyunjae glanced at Yujin, who got the signal, and quickly bowed, rushing out of there as quickly as possible.

"You've only just became the President." Mr. Choi chuckled before touching his face. "Your eye bags are much more prominent on your handsome face now."

Hyunjae chuckled. "Yes, I should've known what I would get into when I became the President."

Mr. Choi turned around, locking the doors before walking over to Hyunjae, who had a questioning look on his face.

"You know right?" He tilted his head, a small smile creeping in. "Oh of course you do, we're on the same side."

Hyunjae thought about it for one, two seconds. "Your the client, aren't you? Your behind this."

He smiled. "We're behind this. But bingo. This business is no longer private. We did it. We got rid of the President."

Hyunjae reeled backwards. He'd knew what he had been getting into, but now he regretted it. He was basically apart of the plan. He was an insider.

"No, I'm not apart of this. I'm not, not anymore."

"How greedy are you, boy? You already got your part of the deal, now give me mine. You can't throw all the blame on me."

"What deal?"

He stopped before sighing. "Your darn dad promised. He didn't tell you?" He rolled his eyes. "Once your permanently president, Meringue is mine."

Hyunjae's eyes widened. "The whole company? But I won't be permanent anyways," He glanced back at the man, "We'll find the President."

"All you have to do is marry Yuna and that position is all yours. Besides," He pulled away, "If you don't give Meringue to me,"

"I'll kill her precious dad."