17

Everyone sat around the table, going through tons of files and going over potential suspects.

"Okay wait, this is irrelevant but, one of the guards that was protecting the president got popped for selling illegal, get a load of this," Yujin wheezed, dying of laughter, "spongebob underwear".

The Sergeant coughed, trying not to laugh. It was 3 am and basically everything was funny to everyone.

"Shut up Yujin, oh my gosh." Younghoon said, trying not to smile.

Hyunjae grinned before reaching for another packet that hadn't been sifted through yet.

Jiwon had also reached for it, their hands grazing over each other.

It might have been the 4 cups of coffee that Jiwon had drunk, or the fact that she was sleepy as heck, but sparks ran up her spine, and her cheeks weirdly went pink.

They stayed their for a bit, hands still touching, before Younghoon grabbed the packet from underneath.

"Can you guys not?" He grumbled, his smile completely gone.

Jiwon was brought back to her senses, pulling away. "I'm going to go to the bathroom." She said quickly, trying to calm herself down. She was definitely sleepy.

She turned to leave, and Younghoon looked up at her. "I'll get some coffee."

Hyunjae didn't say anything, but he for sure knew he didn't like a Younghoon, not one bit.

-

Jiwon was mindlessly walking through the halls, unconsciously stopping in front of the restroom.

Before she was able to go in, she was pushed against the wall, facing Younghoon again.

"Do you like Hyunjae?" He stared at her sleepy face, not blinking at all.

"Do you?" He said, his cold demeanor now gone, and was just desperately asking her. "Please tell me."

"What-" Jiwon said, still flustered as she stared up at him. "Why?" And then it hit her.

"Younghoon.." She whispered, forcing herself awake. "Do you have feelings for me, Younghoon?"

He stared at her for a few seconds before groaning, running his hands through his frustratedly. "Isn't it obvious?"

Her eyes lowered. "I'm really sorry. I don't think we shouldn't be anything more than partners." she whispered.

Younghoon's hands that had been on the wall besides Jiwon's head slipped down, falling by his side. "You think that?"

Jiwon nodded, "I do. I'm sorry." She walked away after shooting him a sad smile, leaving a disappointed Younghoon who had just lost all of his hope for something more.

-

"So which drink do you prefer?" Yujin said, pointing at the large menu displayed in front of them. They had both decided to spend their holiday together.

"Not sure, all though Matchi Matcha always has the best drinks. You choose something you think I'd like." Jiwon said, smiling at Yujin.

Yujin nodded. "I'll just go order whatever I think you'd like, okay?"

After a few minutes, Yujin came over with drinks in her hands. "I got your drinks! I assume you like cookies and cream?"

Jiwon nodded, eyes wide. "For sure." She laughed. "How'd you know?"

"Well, you look like the type. And well, because everyone I know likes it." She said, tilting her head proudly.

Jiwon nodded sipping the drink approvingly. "So, do you have any info on anything?" Her eyes still wandering the cafe in astonishment. How can they be so aesthetic?

Yujin looked up from her phone and stopped sipping her own coffee. Her eyes scanned the area before she lowered her voice. "I haven't told the others except for Younghoon because I wasn't sure. This is just a guess. You know, the Uncle? The current President? He just seems..off."

Jiwon nodded in agreement, after all, the theory was totally plausible. "We should have it investigated."

After paying for their drinks, the two left, chatting away while window shopping.

"Did you hear, that murderers girlfriend waited 7 years for him." Yujin said, scrolling through her phone, pulling up an article. "I mean he's lucky."

"That's kind of cute though.. the girl's dedication is top-notch." Jiwon said while staring at a shop. "Hey, isn't that store's clothes kinda cute?"

Yujin looked up. "Totally. Let's check it out! I, uh, kind of need some nice clothes anyway."

"For what?" Jiwon said looking at her. They entered the store, Yujin opening the door kindly for  her.

"Uh, well, Yuna's cousin is pretty cute-" Yujin stopped herself before slapping herself across the face. "I kind of searched his instagram up and found it- this is totally for the investigation by the way."

She rolled her eyes laughing a bit. "Yes, now go charm that man." She said, shooing her towards the fancier section.

Now that she was alone, Jiwon scanned the area. She wasn't exactly what you called a "fashionista" so she was lost on what she should get.

"Wow, since when did receipts go into fashion?" She tilted her head in confusion before pulling out her long CVS ones from her pocket.

She slapped it on her shirt, and looked on the mirror. "Hah, I look like an idiot." She turned around in disappointment and was met with a woman who stared at her and then burst into laughter.

"That was adorable sweetie but how about I help you find some clothes instead?" The girl said, smiling at her kindly.

She rushed over to her and pulled Jiwon's shirt forward, looking at her neck. "Nice collar-bones; I could never." She rushed off, sifting through shirts so quickly Jiwon thought she was Sonic.

"Here!" The girl said, pulling a shirt out of the racks and slapping it on Jiwon's body. "It looks gorgeous, now go try it on." She pushed her towards the fitting room, making her trip forwards into the the small cubicle, the door magically closing behind her. "This store is so odd." Jiwon chuckled, staring at the shirt in her hands.

It was a silky material, flowing beautifully in the air. The neckline was low and wide, it's sleeve's slightly ballooning out elegantly.

Jiwon slid it on and gaped. "Hey,  I look like an elegant rat!" She smiled widely at her reflection. It's neckline displayed her collarbones and the sleeves made her look and feel, well, pretty. Her hair looked nice against the gray silk. It wasn't anything special but she still really liked it.

She opened the door after taking off her shirt. "I'll take it." Yujin, who was waiting for Jiwon, smiled at her.

"What a pretty shirt!" Yujin said, reaching out her hand to touch the fabric in Jiwon's arms. "It's so soft. I got a beautiful dress too!" Yujin said, raising her the dress to show the other girl. "That girl literally performs miracles or something." She scratched her head in confusion, glancing at the girl who was already standing behind the register.

After looking around the store some more, they both went up to the counter, ready to pay for their findings.

The girl smiled sweetly as she rung up the clothes. Jiwon and Yujin handed her their credit cards until they saw the price.

"Haha, on second thought-"